Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Hide Tielemans

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If an elite club come in for him it's going to be really difficult for Yourri to turn that down, that's just a fact of life.

However I'm sure Tielemans has been pleasantly surprised at how much he is enjoying it at Leicester since his loan move. Against Huddersfield there were seven players who started who were 22 or under and a total of nine players out of the fourteen who got some game time were 22 or under. 

I'm sure he looks around at the team and sees players like himself who are very young and highly talented with great futures. there are also older players like Vardy and Schmeichel who are at the top of their game and genuine top class players. He must love playing in this team with Ndidi covering him and doing all the ugly stuff behind him and Maddison alongside him and Vardy always on the move looking to be slotted through. He's come into this team and fitted in like a glove.

Regular football were he is loved here and he's no doubt been impressed with the manager who will play to his strengths and improve him even more. There's a lot to be said in coming here and enjoying your football with lads around the same age as you who are very talented and on the upward curve. You have to think very hard about giving up those sort of conditions to play football in as this might never happen again in your career. 

Hopefully he'll sign for us and give this team a couple of years to match his own ambitions. Another two years of regular PL football under a manager like Brendan Rodgers won't do his career any harm at all. 

That’s what I’m hoping too Gerry ...   and I think the same applies in many ways to Harry as well ...    :fc:

Edited by Countryfox

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Against Huddersfield there were seven players who started who were 22 or under and a total of nine players out of the fourteen who got some game time were 22 or under. 

That's incredible. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

If an elite club come in for him it's going to be really difficult for Yourri to turn that down, that's just a fact of life.

However I'm sure Tielemans has been pleasantly surprised at how much he is enjoying it at Leicester since his loan move. Against Huddersfield there were seven players who started who were 22 or under and a total of nine players out of the fourteen who got some game time were 22 or under. 

I'm sure he looks around at the team and sees players like himself who are very young and highly talented with great futures. there are also older players like Vardy and Schmeichel who are at the top of their game and genuine top class players. He must love playing in this team with Ndidi covering him and doing all the ugly stuff behind him and Maddison alongside him and Vardy always on the move looking to be slotted through. He's come into this team and fitted in like a glove.

Regular football were he is loved here and he's no doubt been impressed with the manager who will play to his strengths and improve him even more. There's a lot to be said in coming here and enjoying your football with lads around the same age as you who are very talented and on the upward curve. You have to think very hard about giving up those sort of conditions to play football in as this might never happen again in your career. 

Hopefully he'll sign for us and give this team a couple of years to match his own ambitions. Another two years of regular PL football under a manager like Brendan Rodgers won't do his career any harm at all. 

For both Tielemans and Thorgan Hazard (who is looking at Dortmund despite interest of bigger teams) the carreer of De Bruyne  has been an example. Going to a big team too soon, not getting the chances he deserved at Chelsea, leaving for Werder Bremen. Moving up to Wolfsburg, to finally move to ManCity. IIRC, both Tielemans and T Hazard have refered to De Bruyne's trajectory. After his failed stint at Monaco, i'm not so sure he will chose to go to an elite club so soon. At least, i hope so for his sake.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Style of play will be a factor too, everyone knows Rodgers has an instinct to attack, and Youri has already commented that he is enjoying the style of play.

Seems Vardy and Maddison are making the big mate noises/gestures towards Youri, and he seems to like playing with both. Huge but, Youri, like all footballers is essentially the property of their club, Monaco might fancy £50m from a top 6 club in the EPL. 

Worry most about Spurs with regards to `Tielemans (yeah I know, Spurs don’t spend owt,  but suspect they might this time) as he would play most games for Spurs if Erikson leaves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Seems Vardy and Maddison are making the big mate noises/gestures towards Youri, and he seems to like playing with both. Huge but, Youri, like all footballers is essentially the property of their club, Monaco might fancy £50m from a top 6 club in the EPL. 

Worry most about Spurs with regards to `Tielemans (yeah I know, Spurs don’t spend owt,  but suspect they might this time) as he would play most games for Spurs if Erikson leaves.

At spurs he would be taking set plays if Eriksen leaves

here he is behind JM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ouch.. 

Grim thought seeing him in a verminous Spuds shirt!.. 

We're capable of beating any bid made by them though as they're mortgaged upto their scrawny necks with the new bog seat stadium. 

On 08/04/2019 at 08:00, volpeazzurro said:

It would have been too much of a risk in January.  Why would you spend 40m on a player who wasn't getting picked for whatever reason. It's a hell of a lot of real money, not supporters imaginary endless gold pot money. When you look at the amount they spent on Slimani,  Iheanacho and Silva who were showing definite promise you can fully understand their reluctance. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If it had gone tits up they'd have wasted most of the entire summer budget! I do agree though that there's a good chance of him going elsewhere. To him, Spurs may represent a bigger team, a brilliant new stadium and potentially a more glamorous life style in the capital compared to the dump that is Leicester (hopefully he likes the countryside). On the positive side he appears to be getting on with his similar age team mates who are currently working hard with a new inspiration manager with big intentions, he might just be tempted on the journey because I'm sure we'd match Spurs for wages.

Can you imagine how hilarious the meltdown on Fighting Cock would be if Spurs came in for him and he chose us anyway?

They would be foaming at the mouth and absolutely baffled.

Come on Youri, make it so.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, murphy said:

Can you imagine how hilarious the meltdown on Fighting Cock would be if Spurs came in for him and he chose us anyway?

Come on Youri, make it so.

Yes, it would be a moment to savour ?

I can't see Spurs spending close to their record transfer fee only months after completing a stadium, which if the tabloids are to be believed has racked them with over half a billion in debt.

whats their record signing at the minute, £40m? Seems like a big ask from the notoriously frugal Levy.

10 hours ago, murphy said:

TBF, "foaming at the mouth and absolutely baffled" is the default state on the Fighting Cock.  It should probably be the title of their main forum.

This would nudge them into "heads exploding" territory.

If Liverpool, Man City or Man Utd came in for him it wouldn’t be surprising to see him go. It’ll be disappointing but understandable. With Chelsea, Tottenham or Arsenal (in that order) it’s not as clear cut. None of the three look strong enough to challenge Liv and MC in the long haul even if they might win a cup here and there.

But then we could win a cup. And I think back to what the man himself said a few weeks ago: “I could be part of something special here” which shows he’s thinking about the situation here positively. Plus there is the Silva factor which should be in our favour. If we could get into the Europa League that could be a major factor in his decision because if we could get in we’d have a good chance of winning it.

With man utd we could tell them to be hands off for a few years in return for selling maguire.  Maybe even let them have primary bid in 3 years time or something.

I dont think pool will go for him, that would leave arsenal and chelsea.  The latter I think if they lose hazard could be a problem.  Spurs I think wont spend the money.

19 hours ago, Tommo220 said:

I can't see Spurs spending close to their record transfer fee only months after completing a stadium, which if the tabloids are to be believed has racked them with over half a billion in debt.

whats their record signing at the minute, £40m? Seems like a big ask from the notoriously frugal Levy.

Eriksen seems likely to be off though, so they will have money from that and by the sounds of it they are going to be selling quite a few other players. Out best chance is to go hard and early with an offer before they manage to get players out of the door. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Wizerud said:

If Liverpool, Man City or Man Utd came in for him it wouldn’t be surprising to see him go. It’ll be disappointing but understandable. With Chelsea, Tottenham or Arsenal (in that order) it’s not as clear cut. None of the three look strong enough to challenge Liv and MC in the long haul even if they might win a cup here and there.

But then we could win a cup. And I think back to what the man himself said a few weeks ago: “I could be part of something special here” which shows he’s thinking about the situation here positively. Plus there is the Silva factor which should be in our favour. If we could get into the Europa League that could be a major factor in his decision because if we could get in we’d have a good chance of winning it.

I agree, some people talk about the Europa league like its a competition for 3rd rate Eastern European teams. In the past 10 years the winners have included Atletico Madrid (3 times), Porto, Chelsea, Man Utd, Sevilla (3 times). For Atletico they have used it as springboard to break up the domestic dominance of the big two in Spain and cement themselves as regular contenders in both la liga and the champions league. Sevilla equally have achieved regular champions league qualification off the back of their success in europa league. I'm not sure I'd agree that we'd have "a good chance" again I think that's an under-appreciation of the strength of some of the competition but I do think the model set by the two Spanish sides is something we should be trying to emulate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tommo220 said:

I can't see Spurs spending close to their record transfer fee only months after completing a stadium,

This is it for be a little bit. Top six clubs generally don't like spending £40m plus on players with a small track record nor a 'name'. Fans want names. Tielemans would still be viewed as a risk as well. 

Spurs are keen to shift a dozen lads I hear. They will definitely be recruiting, particularly if they sell anyone of value i.e. Erikson. They have a lot of tidy, defensive centre mids, but not anyone in the YT mold. 

Anyway we can't really stress about other clubs agendas. We need to just make it very hard for the lad to say farewell to us.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Eriksen seems likely to be off though, so they will have money from that and by the sounds of it they are going to be selling quite a few other players. Out best chance is to go hard and early with an offer before they manage to get players out of the door. 

Yeh, good point.  i suppose it depends on who goes and for how much - assuming Levy actually commits to spend the money they make from selling which is far from a guarantee.