Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Maddison

23 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Do corners and free kick goals not count then?

No but anytime one of our players stretches to reach a corner and heads it miles wide it counts as a goal scoring chance when in reality it definitely isn’t.

His expected assists stat is 7.94, which shows that he created a lot of low quality chances.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

No but anytime one of our players stretches to reach a corner and heads it miles wide it counts as a goal scoring chance when in reality it definitely isn’t.

His expected assists stat is 7.94, which shows that he created a lot of low quality chances.

It's not Maddison's fault a chance isn't taken though?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

It's not Maddison's fault a chance isn't taken though?

Well if he’s not creating good chances then it’s mostly his fault. The point is that the stat is misleading and lacks context.

30 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Do corners and free kick goals not count then?

Nope and neither do penalties :rolleyes:

It's an impressive stat albeit flawed. If crossing the ball into the box constitutes a goal scoring opportunity then to me it degrades the stat. You don't need to be creative to cross a ball.

His involvement in 14 goals this season (7 goals & 7 assists) are the stats that matter to me. A very good return in my opinion.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Still decent but explains that 100 chances stat is a load of rubbish really.

On 09/05/2019 at 08:01, bfox said:

Each to their own. Albrighton can be highly frustrating with his no look passes/crosses which end up going nowhere near anybody. Maddison is very dangerous from set plays. He dithers sometimes, less so Since Rodgers has arrived but he has good passing ability. Both good players, Albrightons style is effective for a winger but isnt near Maddisons technical ability. In my opinion :)

... I really did not think the original poster was comparing the two! 

What he was saying was that Albrighton was a good example to copy in terms of decision making, releasing the the ball when the opportunity arises and not take a touch meaning Vardy has to check and get back onside. 

Different positions......  different people. 

42 minutes ago, Stadt said:

That's a much better metric to judge a player tbf. 

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

It's a bit David Brent.

But if was 22 and had his looks, talent and money I probably wouldn't care what a bunch of overweight, middle aged, serial masterbators on football forum thought either.

er excuse me but I'm not over weight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

It's a bit David Brent.

But if was 22 and had his looks, talent and money I probably wouldn't care what a bunch of overweight, middle aged, serial masterbators on football forum thought either.

Oi, less of the "middle aged", I'm much older than that...but fit OK in other area's you mention :)