Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

At the age of 33, Jamie Vardy has been included in the FIFA Top 100 for the first time in his career after winning the Premier League Golden Boot last season. The Leicester City striker has a new rating of 86, which puts him on par with Paul Pogba, Marco Verratti and Thomas Muller.

I don’t even play FIFA but they should introduce the eagle celebration.

• Like 2

One of the things i love about vardy is when he's on form he's just so ridiculously efficient. When he gets the ball at his feet almost every touch seems perfectly weighted and directed for getting him into the best position to shoot from. It takes him 2-3 touches to get into positions that most strikers, even the elite ones, take 5 or 6 touches and these extra touches quite often result in a defender being able to get between them and the goal. I genuinely cant think of many strikers in history that ive seen that have such a high ratio of meaningful touches to non meaningful ones, if any at all. He's still underrated imo, even by our fans, he's not just a club great he's a unique player in the history of the sport, there are better strikers than him but i cant think of any that does what vardy does better than himself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He does things so quickly. That's why he's so effective. His acceleration over 5/10 yards and reaction time is probably the best in the world. Add to that the fact that he's ruthlessly efficient in front of goal and you've got one hell of a striker. We're lucky to have him as he still fits into that world class category of strikers. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

At the age of 33, Jamie Vardy has been included in the FIFA Top 100 for the first time in his career after winning the Premier League Golden Boot last season. The Leicester City striker has a new rating of 86, which puts him on par with Paul Pogba, Marco Verratti and Thomas Muller.

On a par with Pogba?? 🤬😡💩

To me he is unquestionably our GOAT.

He is above all our other candidates, e.g. Banks, Shilton, Weller, Worthington, Lineker, McAllister, Walsh, Izzet, Lennon, Mahrez, etc.

Not necessarily in terms of ability but where he came from and what he has done for us and achieved with us. Also his longevity and turning down Arsenal in 2016 to stay with us. Everything he has done as an LCFC player (promotion, crucially important goals, classic goals, 11 in a row, PL winner, golden boot winner, etc) makes him our greatest without any doubt in my mind.

It will be a sad day when he eventually leaves our club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

To me he is unquestionably our GOAT.

He is above all our other candidates, e.g. Banks, Shilton, Weller, Worthington, Lineker, McAllister, Walsh, Izzet, Lennon, Mahrez, etc.

Not necessarily in terms of ability but where he came from and what he has done for us and achieved with us. Also his longevity and turning down Arsenal in 2016 to stay with us. Everything he has done as an LCFC player (promotion, crucially important goals, classic goals, 11 in a row, PL winner, golden boot winner, etc) makes him our greatest without any doubt in my mind.

It will be a sad day when he eventually leaves our club.

Leave? Leave? Why would we ever let him go? :D :ph34r:

Edited by PhillippaT

For our first goal tonight, Kane would have absolutely gone for goal and maybe hit the side net or squeeze it in and take all the plaudits.

For a millisecond it was on but vards was intelligent enough  to realise it was gone and unselfish enough to try and create a chance for someone else.

:worship:

• Like 2

Just now, Royston. said:

For our first goal tonight, Kane would have absolutely gone for goal and maybe hit the side net or squeeze it in and take all the plaudits.

For a millisecond it was on but vards was intelligent enough  to realise it was gone and unselfish enough to try and create a chance for someone else.

He was fantastic tonight. He won’t get as much credit due to a blank on the scoresheet but his little one 2s and runs and his touch was bang on the money tonight and was a key reason we looks so devastating all over the park. He’s way above Kane for me.
Kane 16-18 was incredible but aside from that has been below Vardy imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Lazy punditry couldn't credit him either. Thought he had a good game overall