Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

He’s nearly 35. It’s an impossible job in that situation.

It reminds me under Puel when we were awful but hoped he could pull something out and he usually did because he was outrageously good in his prime.

Now he needs protecting a bit and in games like this, your asking too much.

He was poor but it was poorer from Brendan to not change anything until 64 mins at 2-0 down with 10 men away from home..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KFS said:

That loss of possession fvcked us really. This year I fear we’re going to see a very inconsistent Vards

Think Brendan has to be smarter as well in how he uses Vardy. 

There are games when we should start with Iheanacho or Daka it's as simple as. 

• Like 4

I see Vardy as the type player who will effect the game better off the bench in the last 30mins than Daka will.

During the fixture pile up you could see Daka starting and Vardy being the impact sub.

Nacho needs to start alongside them both some how. Maybe by tweaking the formation but it's always difficult to play two strikers and also Barnes

• Thanks 1

Watching the Antonio goals back tonight, you can easily say that Jamie Vardy doesn't score those. 3-5 years ago yes, but not today.

Where he is still incredibly dangerous is know how a striker plays, and teeing up those around him. There is no point playing him as a lone forward anymore as he doesn't have the speed or strength and is easily marked out of the game. Pair him with Nacho however, and it's a different ballgame - he can use his decades of experience to tear a defence to shreds.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Don’t feel it was the game for him especially when down to 10 men, needed someone who could make it stick or run at them and get us up the pitch, he can’t dribble a ball well enough to be a threat on his own again 3/4 defenders

Chasing a game where the opposition can sit back completely nullifies him as a lone striker; he's not going to beat 4 players or hit a 40 yard volley (although the later I wouldn't put past him, it's just not really a reliable gameplan).

51 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Chasing a game where the opposition can sit back completely nullifies him as a lone striker; he's not going to beat 4 players or hit a 40 yard volley (although the later I wouldn't put past him, it's just not really a reliable gameplan).

Definitely, Kelechi would of probably been better off suited

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Very rarely supporting Leicester do you get an absolute icon of a footballer. Especially a striker. In my time supporting Leicester, I've watched only a handful of strikers up there in the top scorer charts: Iwan Roberts (Champ), Paul Dickov (Champ), Nugent (Champ) and Vardy (Prem). Only Vards who has done it and consistently in the Premier League. 

Don't get me wrong, in that time I've seen some good strikers who scored a good amount but never in the top scorer ranks (Walsh, Robins, Claridge, Heskey, Cottee). We are moving forward as a club and can now attract talent like Kel and Daka so that might change but having a Premier League goal scorer like Vardy, who could easily do it at international level is rare. Even more so that a talent like him stays as loyal as he has. Normally they get the big move. That Arsenal move was a genuine step up for him at the time (club stature, salary, global profile, London living etc.) and for him to turn it down is quite a statement. 

Yeah he is probably not as fast as he was 2 years ago but we should always appreciate him. The greatest player to ever wear the shirt (from what I've seen). I hope we find as good and as loyal a player to replace him over the next 6/12 months. Legend in every sense of the word. 20 more this season please Vards and a European trophy. The statue unveiling in June. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RussianFox said:

A goal and an assist today, and no posts here?!

His 120th PL goal taking him level with Stephen Gerard in the lists of top PL goalscorers. Also his 149th goal for LCFC in all competitions, so expect a memorable celebration when the 150th goes in.