Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

“I want to keep playing for Leicester and at the top for as long as possible. I’ve got two years left and fingers crossed I can keep performing exactly the same as I have done for the previous years and that will then prolong my career even further.”

Hopefully not the same as last year :mellow:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think Vardy would cope not being the first choice this season. He seems aware of what he can and can't do now and leading the line every week will be tough. Best to phase him back rather than chuck him out.

7 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Got to be honest, he's been pretty underwhelming this year.

Think he just needs to be used more sparingly.

I agree, but still managed 15 goals and 9 assist whilst being underwhelming. 

7th high goal scorer and 6th most assist in the league.

Joint 4th for goal contributions 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/vardy-daka-leicester-city-future-5559192

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/jamie-vardy-excited-new-journey-rochester-rhinos-owner

Jamie Vardy opens up on striker transfer and Leicester City future ahead of Patson Daka arrival

“Competition’s brilliant,” Vardy told NBC about the possibility of a striker being signed. “It’s what you want and it’s what you need as well as a player.

“There’s no way you can play 90 minutes every single game and not have a chance of getting injured, so you need that competition.

“It keeps everyone on their toes as well, and you just want to push each other every day in training.

“I want to keep playing for Leicester and at the top for as long as possible. I’ve got two years left and fingers crossed I can keep performing exactly the same as I have done for the previous years and that will then prolong my career even further.”

Although he is getting on as far as professional footballers go, Vardy remains in good shape. Aside from a persistent hip issue that causes him to occasionally miss training as well as the odd game, he did not have any serious fitness problems in the past season.

That is shown in the pitch-time statistics, with only Youri Tielemans and Kasper Schmeichel playing more minutes for the club in the 20-21 campaign.

Asked how his body was holding up now he was 34, he said: “It’s not doing too badly. I get little niggles but I’ve been like that since I signed for Leicester if I’m being honest.

“There’s never been a day when I’ve been 100 per cent fit. I don’t think that exists. You’ve always got a little pain or a little ache somewhere.

“You just get on with it, get straight into the game, hopefully pick up the three points, and then get ready for the next game.”

He's just the greatest isn't he. Absolutely exemplary professional, and we won't see his like again for a long time if ever.

Lets enjoy the next couple of years with Lord Vardy. He will deserve a knighthood just for services to sh**housing

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Charl91 said:

Got to be honest, he's been pretty underwhelming this year.

Think he just needs to be used more sparingly.

He was superb up until the new year when he got his injury. Hasn't been the same since, but I'm not convinced he won't come back from it once he has the summer off. People wrote him off after his poor end to the previous season but them he started last season on fire, felt like he was getting an assist or goal every week up until christmas.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Had a dream/nightmare last night that he'd retired. Honestly dreading that day, don't even care what kind of form he's in. I'll be devastated 

Stop eating cheese late at night.

• 4 weeks later...

He’s been an absolute legend for us and is one of our greatest ever players. 

Last year though, I thought it was the beginning of the end of his time at the club. My fears haven’t exactly been alleviated with his performances at the back end of last season and this pre season. 

Father Time, catches up with all of us. 

• Like 1

Considering his past background, it's of course amazing what he has achieved; but, also, he's literally the meaning of a true gem find - a find and success that may well never be experienced again for a long time.

Just hope the American soccer opportunity works out for him post-playing career.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Thanks 1