Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

I love Jamie Vardy, I'm such a fan but I feel he may be struggling now at the level we want to be, I see most people talking of our first 11 put Vardy in as a given, if we manage to hold on to Youri, is it now time to think about phasing out, I know what said about him opening up space but I can't be the only one who thinks one who thinks we need to be more ruthless upfront, iheanacho and vardy are just not going to get us top 4, we need 2 more strikers and rotate in a way that makes the most out of vardys time that's left.

With all due respect to him I want to see his starting time limited.

We need to find another striker to lead the way now and whenever we use Vardy I want him fresh from the bench or during the occasional start.

Think he would make much more of an impact doing this.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

With all due respect to him I want to see his starting time limited.

We need to find another striker to lead the way now and whenever we use Vardy I want him fresh from the bench or during the occasional start.

Think he would make much more of an impact doing this.

Agree - after a proper rest and pre-season I'm sure Vardy will still be a really important player for us, but we've simply had to use him as he's the only player available that can stretch defenders. A fit Barnes, alongside a new striker and another winger with good pace will help us transition. What is good is that after all this time, we've finally seen how Kelechi can be an asset for us, so I'm a lot more confident that with another good partner, he can thrive again next season. A fully fit Vardy that you only need to bring with 30 minutes or so left is still a terrifying prospect for any defence in Europe and I am confident that he'll still hit double figures next season comfortably, even if it is with much less game time. Long live the king!

• Like 1

Mark my words...Vardy will be again turning next season on its head, records will be broken...

Hes still got unfinished business...with All competitions....The blazes have Not yet quite been lit , where hes ready to dive in , going out in Glory..!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Needs a rest, still has loads to give.

Didn't have a great season, but still managed to get 15 PL goals and 9 assists, so 24 goal contributions.

That contributions delivery, is/was the difference between hovering around 8-12th or competing within Top 2-5...:scarf:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Needs a rest, still has loads to give.

Didn't have a great season, but still managed to get 15 PL goals and 9 assists, so 24 goal contributions.

Also the "indirect" assists of creating space for others to score. Still a valuable player for us but evidently can't start 38 games a season anymore. Hoping the Edouard transfer goes ahead to ease the burden 

• Like 1

The weird thing is he's still getting himself into great positions a lot but he's just lost his clinical finishing in the second half of the season. If fans are coming back hopefully his shooting boots return.

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
  • Like 3

It's a case of less is more with Vardy, it seems, now. 

Play him less next season and you'll get more out of him. Don't play him every game because he'll just get burnt out and we won't get the best of him.

Until he Decices to retire...37-40..???

One Thing One doesn't lose around that age is your speed,Not even your standing start..und

Vardy is not a 100Meter 200metre Running athlete...He is in a Team sport,where others also carry the weight...

Plus we have Barnes (also speedy)

His loss of anything, will be the questions of niggling  injury & what Effect & affect, they will have in his turn & movement,when Kicking in that first spurt..

Plus lungs...Stabs of Short inoculus pain (if any) are/can also be exhausting...

Instead of lets say total amount of such "Vardy-runs". used or not seen..! are in total 12-16 per match...

Even cutting to half or a 3rd, He s still ahead of the game...He still reads the game, Plus he  can read & see space..

Not all his game is based on speed, just the fear of it...!

If no career defining injury, this War-horse ,

could still see him playing in a couple of cup-finals & CL-quaifyers, with goals for a few more suprising seasons yet...

He und we Shoulder have to or expect see him Play 40+ games a season,even if ,whatever  count still sees him in 76-85% of our game time...

2-3 game irregulär Rotation, then a long run-out, wouldn t be such a disadvantage..:scarf:

I agree he needs phasing out but not because he is in poor form, but because I think his body needs those extra rest periods. Hopefully next season being a little less compact will help that already. However, he should probably have a few games where he comes off after 60 mins or he starts on the bench and has an impact role for the last 30-45 mins.

For this to happen we do need Iheanacho/Barnes to step up and deliver consistently and potentially for some reinforcements. That way we can get the best out of Vardy and not run him to the ground.

He's definitely the epitome in being someone from a working-class background, who developed a very successful playing career and done well for himself - aided by the right support throughout his journey.

Edited by Wymsey

I thought  that Vardy had lost his speed but in the last few games I've seen it returning, almost up to his usual level.  I've noted that at the same time he's been getting pulled up frequently for offside.  He's been brilliant in the past for just managing to stay onside, so I'm prepared to wonder whether it can be put down to the pass being delivered too slowly.

As others have said, we will be able to judge better after a rest and a preseason which will give him an opportunity to recover properly after the relentless schedule of his games and his niggly injuries.  We can only hope that his confidence and clinical finishing will return then too.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/vardy-daka-leicester-city-future-5559192

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/jamie-vardy-excited-new-journey-rochester-rhinos-owner

Jamie Vardy opens up on striker transfer and Leicester City future ahead of Patson Daka arrival

“Competition’s brilliant,” Vardy told NBC about the possibility of a striker being signed. “It’s what you want and it’s what you need as well as a player.

“There’s no way you can play 90 minutes every single game and not have a chance of getting injured, so you need that competition.

“It keeps everyone on their toes as well, and you just want to push each other every day in training.

“I want to keep playing for Leicester and at the top for as long as possible. I’ve got two years left and fingers crossed I can keep performing exactly the same as I have done for the previous years and that will then prolong my career even further.”

Although he is getting on as far as professional footballers go, Vardy remains in good shape. Aside from a persistent hip issue that causes him to occasionally miss training as well as the odd game, he did not have any serious fitness problems in the past season.

That is shown in the pitch-time statistics, with only Youri Tielemans and Kasper Schmeichel playing more minutes for the club in the 20-21 campaign.

Asked how his body was holding up now he was 34, he said: “It’s not doing too badly. I get little niggles but I’ve been like that since I signed for Leicester if I’m being honest.

“There’s never been a day when I’ve been 100 per cent fit. I don’t think that exists. You’ve always got a little pain or a little ache somewhere.

“You just get on with it, get straight into the game, hopefully pick up the three points, and then get ready for the next game.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2