Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

23 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Donnaruma is a very good young keeper but has stalled a little bit after the initial hype. He’ll still go on to be Italy’s number 1 for years to come and I’m not agreeing with Redknapp by any means but Henderson defo has had the better last 9 months or so of the two. 

Couldn't comment on Donnaruma's recent form, just everything I've read shows he is brilliant. Henderson has been incredible though, some great saves from him. 

16 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I'd have him as England's number 1, better than Pickford

No doubt he's one of the best in england, but best young in the world was where i was unsure.

6 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Works in other sports. You'd just have to use them carefully and not just use it for every little thing. Successful appeals to not use an appeal token.

But it doesn't work. There are still injustices. 

If a cricket team use all 3 reviews on a call that comes down to 'umpires call', meaning the decision could easily have gone either way, they're extremely unlucky to lose their appeals, yet the 4th or 5th time they would like to use it, it would 100% go their way.

There's no point in it at all.

Technology is there to make things right, that doesn't happen with a system of limited appeals.

I have sympathy with Hawkeye if their statement is true, unusual set of circumstances showing the tech doesn't work in a particular scenario. Shows its almost impossible to test for every situation. 

Incident still should have been checked though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I have sympathy with Hawkeye if their statement is true, unusual set of circumstances showing the tech doesn't work in a particular scenario. Shows its almost impossible to test for every situation. 

Incident still should have been checked though. 

I don’t know how the VAR can look at that and not think something has gone horribly wrong with the tech.