Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

58 minutes ago, StanSP said:

IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH VAR STOP BLAMING IT. 

Very pedantic, everyone knows that VAR should’ve intervened. That’s why they were moaning. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I'd imagine that the PL have a clause in the match technology agreement that all clubs sign up to, that if it isn't working for technical reasons they aren't responsible. 

Could argue that the ref didn't follow protocol by not asking VAR to run a check if so its not all the technologies fault

Just now, Bert said:

Very pedantic, everyone knows that VAR should’ve intervened. That’s why they were moaning. 

That's not pedantic. 

Before it was announced/confirmed VAR could have intervened, no one really knew. My point anyway, regardless, was that goalline tech failed, not VAR. The fact VAR wasn't put in to use is a human choice. 

Not sure what's pedantic about that. 

Goalline tech obviously failed, so surely VAR should have a look at it? Unless VAR can't overule it, even if the goalline tech has obviously failed? What if the ball hit the back of the net yet the tech didn't work, we just don't award a goal?

0-0 would be a good result for us, another 2 points dropped for Sheff United.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

That's not pedantic. 

Before it was announced/confirmed VAR could have intervened, no one really knew. My point anyway, regardless, was that goalline tech failed, not VAR. The fact VAR wasn't put in to use is a human choice. 

Not sure what's pedantic about that. 

GLT failed then VAR failed. The first failing is not an excuse for the second failing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Langley said:

The disappointment of this must be equal to what the Mrs felt the first time she slept with me. 

All that waiting and planning for a pathetic boring evening. 

Yes it’s been a limp game.

Whoever is in charge of VAR should have intervened and encouraged Oliver to check. The game restarted quickly but there was a chance when game stopped at other end of the pitch soon after. It's common sense. Everyone just assumed watch was working so didn't give it a thought, you could tell from player reactions that something wasn't right.

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Who does the appeal go to if its a VAR decision they're disputing? 

But why would both teams ever want to simultaneously dispute a VAR decision? Surely the decision can’t go against both teams, it either goes for you or against you. 

I personally think that the appeal system would be useful in the absence of VAR being already involved, I.e There is a clear goal that is not being allowed and for whatever reason the Video Assistant Ref has fallen asleep, the appeal can then be used to send a small electric shock such that he can awake from his slumber to make the correct call.

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It vibrates and the display on it says GOAL. 

So that's the problem!  Oliver was having such a good time, he forgot to check his phone.

goaline.JPG.b3054922132becb121c4cf54ef90cb99.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, oadby.fox said:

But why would both teams ever want to simultaneously dispute a VAR decision? Surely the decision can’t go against both teams, it either goes for you or against you. 

I personally think that the appeal system would be useful in the absence of VAR being already involved, I.e There is a clear goal that is not being allowed and for whatever reason the Video Assistant Ref has fallen asleep, the appeal can then be used to send a small electric shock such that he can awake from his slumber to make the correct call.

He was on about each team getting an appeal. 

12 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

And the 4th and 5th bad decision against you in the same game?

Would never work, will never happen.

Works in other sports. You'd just have to use them carefully and not just use it for every little thing. Successful appeals to not use an appeal token.