Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Is it just me, or did the Saints player quite clearly try to take the ball so it shouldn’t have been a red under the new (ish) law?

Glad I’m not the only one to think that 

12 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I might be wrong but I thought there was a ruling that said if In that situation you made a genuine attempt to win the ball but fouled the player then it was a yellow card

And he didn't really deny a goalscoring opportunity as Aubameyang was straight back up and ready to go through again. Ref could've played on.

• Like 1

southampton threw that away, good win for arsenal though.

Mccarthy not for the first time has made goal keeping errors for them.

cant help feel southampton will regret not starting long, he has had a field day against arsenal in the past and almost scored today.

Whatever you say for dyche he has done a amazing job there, 42 points again already.

It beggars belief, really, that a team like Burnley are comfortable in mid-table table despite, them and also Newcastle too, playing such dull football.

Edited by Wymsey

17 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Is it just me, or did the Saints player quite clearly try to take the ball so it shouldn’t have been a red under the new (ish) law?

13 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Glad I’m not the only one to think that 

That's only when conceding a penalty. 

Denying a clear goalscoring opportunity is the same rule it's always been. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It beggars belief, really, that a team like Burnley are comfortable in mid-table table despite, them and also Newcastle too, playing such dull football.

Burnley get thumped a few times but they'll grind out wins like tonight and against Bournemouth, Norwich, Newcastle, Southampton which keeps them clear of the relegation zone. They are well coached, despite the style of play.

How Newcastle have 39 points I've no idea.

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

We have virtually the same record as Newcastle since we beat Villa 4-1 in December

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I guess because he's ex Man City, to balance out Hoddle (ex Chelsea)

Even as ex Man City, he's basically just Liverpool. My extreme dislike of him probably doesn't help.

Darren Fletcher just said Lampard being an ex Man City player means there are no secrets down there. Lampard played for Man City 5/6 years ago in 14-15, he has no 'inside' knowledge ffs

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Even as ex Man City, he's basically just Liverpool. My extreme dislike of him probably doesn't help.

Darren Fletcher just said Lampard being an ex Man City player means there are no secrets down there. Lampard played for Man City 5/6 years ago in 14-15, he has no 'inside' knowledge ffs

Standard illogical commentator waffle.

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Why did BT choose McManaman for this, couldn't we have had someone without a Liverpool connection.

It was like last night Liverpool’s game on sky 

Graeme Souness and Jamie Rednapp in the studio, Jamie Carragher on commentary and John Barnes as a touch line commentator 

• Like 1

Just now, jammie82uk said:

It was like last night Liverpool’s game on sky 

Graeme Souness and Jamie Rednapp in the studio, Jamie Carragher on commentary and John Barnes as a touch line commentator 

Meh - we're watching NBCSN atm.

47 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

So even Arsenal arent shit anymore. Thats another defeat for us then. We might beat Bournemouth if we are lucky. 

As far as I'm concerned, if you go to St Marys and win less than 9-0 you're still shit.