Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, tickler28 said:

Let's face it and be honest with ourselves we would be annhilated in the Champions League. Wolves and Man Utd are far more likely to make a fist of it than us. If we don't get CL sort of hoping were not stuck with crappy Europa League.

Man United maybe, but Wolves? On what basis can you draw that conclusion? They've conceded more goals than we have this season.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We are crying out for a versatile and quick forward like him. Wolves seem to pick up quite a few of them. 

As much as it pains me to say, Wolves have a better midfield and attack than we do.

• Like 2

All could change with one round if fixtures we win Utd or wolves don’t pick up points we look ok again. I know it’s been pants for a while but we can still get champs league it’s in our hands and other still have to win. 

10 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We aren't beating Everton. Different class under Ancelotti.

Is a 46% win rate "different class"? That's only from like 12 or 13 games. Rodgers here has managed 50 and has a 52% win rate.

Also, since Ancelotti took over, we've scored as many goals as Everton have, and have conceded 2 fewer.

I don't see Ancelotti at Everton as anything special yet.

Edited by Beechey

3 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Let's face it and be honest with ourselves we would be annhilated in the Champions League. Wolves and Man Utd are far more likely to make a fist of it than us. If we don't get CL sort of hoping were not stuck with crappy Europa League.

Didn’t everyone say that the last time we were in the Champions League and we didn’t fare too  bad 

• Like 3

The next game against Chelsea in the FA Cup is the important one. It’s a psychological victory if we win that. 

Edited by Sly

19 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Just me or has every single c***ting result since the resumption gone against us ?

Our own results have gone against us, that's why there is an issue. You can't keep on giving opportunities to teams to make up ground.

Best way of not worrying about other results? Get your own right. Time for everyone at the club to stand up and be counted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

The next game against Chelsea in the FA Cup is the important one. It’s a physiological victory if we win that. 

Wait for the Rodgers out comments to start if we have another poor performance and the other teams make a few points up!

You can just picture it now. Last game of the season, at home to united. All we need is a point to stay in a CL spot. They demolish us and all hell breaks loose on here. I bloody hate that club more than any team in the world. It would actually be unbearable to hear all those manure "fans" 

Edited by hejammy

17 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

If we're going to get annihilated, why the annoyance around here that qualification is in doubt now?

So it is better if we don't qualify and finish 8th/9th? We might as well have stuck with Puel in that case and saved millions in compensation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I’m not so sure - they still have some truly terrible players and I can’t think of 1 I’d like to sign for us 

Calvert Lewin? Digne? Richarlison? Holgate? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I’m not so sure - they still have some truly terrible players and I can’t think of 1 I’d like to sign for us 

Richarladson or however the bloody hell you spell it.

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

If we're going to get annihilated, why the annoyance around here that qualification is in doubt now?

So it is better if we don't qualify and finish 8th/9th? We might as well have stuck with Puel in that case and saved millions in compensation.

Lately I've thought Puel was manager. Leicester before Xmas gave me hope that they could compete with the best. Leicester since then have been no better than Bournemouth

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

thank goodness you aren’t running the club then !

Guess we'll see if it's still in our hands on the last game of the season.  Maybe it's being optimistic....seems that wat ATM.