Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

On 19/07/2020 at 09:48, whoareyaaa said:

13 penos and 7 chalked off is a disgrace though what team gets that many in one season, I bet most have came in the second half of the season as well as they where shit for the 1st part.

corruption at the highest level.

I think most have been 2nd half of season, would love to see a breakdown that shows the time period, not just a season long stat.

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Still on for us to blow up 5th. Lose 9-0 as Bennett whacks in five own goals and Wolves beat Chelsea by 4

If Chelsea somehow manage to turn around a 3 goal deficit and win the CL and not manage to get in the top 4, plus we win the EL......... You could still finish 4th and miss out on CL. 

Not likely but possible. 

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

People predicted they'd struggle this season with the extra Europe League games, especially as they had to start so early in Europa League - Like ourselves making Europa League I expect us to struggle in the league next season and it be pointed towards as an easy excuse to make as people so often feel the need to make the excuses.

As for teams working them out, atleast they mix it up abit, not this one trick passive crap, not feeling the need to go down that route following like sheep, playing their own game to their strengths and sticking by it - Sorry to go on about it again but it has to be said if making comparisons.

As for their players not moving on, this is the one thing I don't understand, it seems our players are constantly linked away to other clubs, perhaps it's because I don't take too much interest in other clubs players/transfers but I don't see other teams linked with transfers as relentlessly as ours and I really don't understand it. Infact its the first time tonight i've seen a pundits discuss 'Could Jimenez be tempted to move on', I was quite shocked to see it being discuss tbh.

Fair reposte.. No problems with that at all. 

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If only we could have as few shots as Wolves but still get results.

You mean like the first half of the season when you had a ridiculous conversion percentage?

Though to be fair you attack better than we do. 

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Still on for us to blow up 5th. Lose 9-0 as Bennett whacks in five own goals and Wolves beat Chelsea by 4

Let's go for it lol

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

If Chelsea somehow manage to turn around a 3 goal deficit and win the CL and not manage to get in the top 4, plus we win the EL......... You could still finish 4th and miss out on CL. 

Not likely but possible. 

The most unlikely part is us finishing 4th!

That wolves goal reminded me of us at the start of the season. Scored 2 like that (from wider angles) against Southampton. From a further distance against Brentford. And a great ball against Luton for JJ. 

We've not got the balls to try that level of adventure any more....not only that.....we are so slow in build up that our tactic is get it wide to cut it back. That's old school and very easy to defend. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Not likely but possible. 

Stopped at the first section of your sentence like. If you think that Bayern ain’t gonna find a hole in that Chelsea defence, there’s an actual hole in your head 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If only we could have as few shots as Wolves but still get results. 24 shots away at a big 6 team got us nothing yesterday whilst after only 3 shots halfway through a home game v Palace they're still winning again!

But they are a result behind us. So they don’t ‘really get results’. 

EDIT: Misread your post, ignore me 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Didn't we have 3 shots against Palace and win?

I'm sure Wolves fans have been frustrated with games in this season, the same way we have. We need to stop thinking everything is rosy elsewhere whilst we're a mess.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You mean like the first half of the season when you had a ridiculous conversion percentage?

Though to be fair you attack better than we do. 

Sorry what?  We attack better than Wolves? Not at all. 

Imo you look like you could score every time you go forward, so many terrific players. We rarely look like scoring other than on the break. Other than a few ruthless displays earlier in the season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Imo you look like you could score every time you go forward, so many terrific players. We rarely look like scoring other than on the break. Other than a few ruthless displays earlier in the season. 

Wolves are the lowest scorers in the top seven by some distance. 50 goals. 

Some revisionism stuff on here at times 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

To be fair we did first half of the season and as bad as we’ve been since the turn of the year we’ve still had a couple of 3-0s, a 4-1 and a 4-0 this year, even if most of the time our front line seem to have got amnesia when in front of goal in 2020 🦊😩