Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Showing a pic of a bit of jovial touchline behaviour is a bad way to justify that, to be honest.

Fair comment but personally wouldn’t put it past him lol  Don’t think it’s true as it would everywhere by now. Purely just rumours. 

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

You can't say a clean sheet against a good side had nothing to do with him. And it clearly won't help that you have 3 first team defenders out around him. 

I'm not saying he's brilliant or anything but he was a good enough PL defender for us for two years and had some very good games for us. 

He was part of a relegation  team.  

He did do well against Sheff Utd but you can see why Wolves did not hang on to him to enhance the depth I  their squad.

Just now, surrifox said:

Sounds like Nige could use some anger management counselling - his behaviour is way beyond acceptable if any of this is true 

But you have no idea if it’s true so why suggest he needs anger management?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Surely nobody believed / believes that nonsense about Nige hitting some full back?

I heard it was following a 'Frank exchange of views' with Pozzo after the match, though to the best of my knowledge Pozzo hasn't ****ed off or died yet. 

14 minutes ago, majaco said:

He was part of a relegation  team.  

He did do well against Sheff Utd but you can see why Wolves did not hang on to him to enhance the depth I  their squad.

He was in the team and playing fine when he suddenly got dropped. Nuno just wanted someone more mobile and better on the ball. First Dendoncker, then Boly moved over to that side and Saiss came in on the left. Plus we had the young lad Kilman who came through around that time too, so Bennett was deemed surplus to requirements. 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He was in the team and playing fine when he suddenly got dropped. Nuno just wanted someone more mobile and better on the ball. First Dendoncker, then Boly moved over to that side and Saiss came in on the left. Plus we had the young lad Kilman who came through around that time too, so Bennett was deemed surplus to requirements. 

Look mate, forget the sales pitch we’re not buying. Try knocking on Mark Robins door down the road.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Remember when Steve Bruce lost all that weight? Back to his fighting weight these days bless him. 

Bielsa is coming to challenge him next season. 

Newcastle v Leeds will need oxygen masks in the technical areas. 

35 minutes ago, Koke said:

Does anyone think Ancolotti will do anything with Everton? They seem very tepid and meh to me, occasionally they do well  im guessing Everton will have another window of splashing money around again.

I don't. 

The media of course went loopy for him after they beat us (ignoring that basically an out of form city pissed all over them for 87 of 90 mins)

They are the epitome of upper mid table

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm not trying to sell him, £5m is neither here nor there to us. I'm only responding to people calling him shit, and explaining why he got dropped by us. 

Rightly or wrongly, we think we are a step ahead of you guys.

Even if he was average for you, and not total shite like we know, we shouldn't be interested in him. 

Not his fault nor Wolves'. Entirely our own fault that we went in for him

40 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Sounds like Nige could use some anger management counselling - his behaviour is way beyond acceptable if any of this is true 

Something tells me that the part I've highlighted, in bold, is really a key part to your sentance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Well no because nowadays HR has to go through the process of investigating first. 

Ok, but there seems to be surprise at his sacking from within the club, so either it didn't happen or they've hidden it very well.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Does anyone think Ancolotti will do anything with Everton? They seem very tepid and meh to me, occasionally they do well  im guessing Everton will have another window of splashing money around again.

Well the last time they spend the cash under Koeman, that didn't exactly work out at well. 

22 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Good result for us that. 

Just need to do our bit now. 

Yep, and I honestly think you have been damn good this season and obviously hope you finish it off against Chelsea. 

I do think you could struggle next season mind, many teams already have and will continue to work out how you set up and how to steal points off you. 

And you haven't had a proper transfer window where many of your best move on to "bigger" and better things. 

Hope you continue to ruffle the feathers in the Europa format, and if you continue to upset the European Big boys then no complaints from me. 

8 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Yep, and I honestly think you have been damn good this season and obviously hope you finish it off against Chelsea. 

I do think you could struggle next season mind, many teams already have and will continue to work out how you set up and how to steal points off you. 

And you haven't had a proper transfer window where many of your best move on to "bigger" and better things. 

Hope you continue to ruffle the feathers in the Europa format, and if you continue to upset the European Big boys then no complaints from me. 

People predicted they'd struggle this season with the extra Europe League games, especially as they had to start so early in Europa League - Like ourselves making Europa League I expect us to struggle in the league next season and it be pointed towards as an easy excuse to make as people so often feel the need to make the excuses.

As for teams working them out, atleast they mix it up abit, not this one trick passive crap, not feeling the need to go down that route following like sheep, playing their own game to their strengths and sticking by it - Sorry to go on about it again but it has to be said if making comparisons.

As for their players not moving on, this is the one thing I don't understand, it seems our players are constantly linked away to other clubs, perhaps it's because I don't take too much interest in other clubs players/transfers but I don't see other teams linked with transfers as relentlessly as ours and I really don't understand it. Infact its the first time tonight i've seen a pundits discuss 'Could Jimenez be tempted to move on', I was quite shocked to see it being discuss tbh.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

That proper annoys me - Sakho is injured but Kouyate is nowhere near ready lol

I get maybe a tracksuit top to take off or something but he didn't appear to be ready at all. No shin pads, tracksuit bottoms still on, no boots on. Doesn't help his team at all.