Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Still on for us to blow up 5th. Lose 9-0 as Bennett whacks in five own goals and Wolves beat Chelsea by 4

Nah! If we lose 9-0, Wolves would need to beat Chelsea by 8, wouldn't they. If they only win by 4, we finish ahead of them on GD.

I reckon Agent Bennett faces an FA investigation under that scenario, too. lol

5 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Much more reasonable than the alleged £75m quoted last summer! Probably too costly for us in the current financial climate

He would still cost us 75 million. Big club pulling power means cheap players

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

He would still cost us 75 million. Big club pulling power means cheap players

Maybe, but I think the prices are coming down in this climate. If Bournemouth were going to rinse £75m from anyone it would be Man City, Chelsea or Man United. No way we’d offer £75m regardless 

Palace could go down next season imo. They look shit since the restart. Although maybe just on the bench. They never score do they?! Lol

Wolves I hope can do us a favour on Sunday, but I don't see it.

Same for West Ham midweek....if they can limit the defeat so we can still win by one goal to get top four I think I'd take that

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

This gives Wolves something to fight for on Sunday. So I'm pleased. But Palace? They're not going to do anyone a favour are they?

Tbf Palace played really well v Man U. Very unlucky to lose that game. Very interesting that Wolves need a result v Chelsea given that 7th might not be enough for EL with Arsenal in the FA Cup final.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Tbf Palace played really well v Man U. Very unlucky to lose that game. Very interesting that Wolves need a result v Chelsea given that 7th might not be enough for EL with Arsenal in the FA Cup final.

Wolves could qualify for Champs League if they win the Europa. I think they would be glad not to qualify for the Europa next season as it's such a draining competition. They may be focussed on top 4 and I think they would have a good chance. 

5 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Interesting to see if Wolves had beaten us in either game this season (and they probably should have with the disallowed goals) they would be ahead of us in the league now.  

They probably deserve to be too. Not enough said about Wolves this season. They’ve broken the so called Europa League curse too given they’ve managed to improve their league position on last season even with extra commitments! 

oh and they could still win that! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They probably deserve to be too. Not enough said about Wolves this season. They’ve broken the so called Europa League curse too given they’ve managed to improve their league position on last season even with extra commitments! 

oh and they could still win that! 

TBF a season is played over 38 games every team at the end of 38 games finished exactly where they deserve to.

It’s easy to look at more recent games and let them cloud your view, but they have been equally poor as they have been good. Some games they’ve been more Puel than Puel, but we don’t see that in a brief highlights package.

As for the Europa League curse biggest myth in football, same as the Manager of the Month Curse. 

• Like 2