Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

We are 15th for anyone who cares for this opinion. One above Norwich and one below Southampton.

This for the "football didn't start in 1992" merchants.

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1312185/Kai-Havertz-Chelsea-News-Contract-Details-Transfer-Rumours-Gossip

Kai Havertz on his way to Chelsea, around 72 million pounds. Think they'll still sign 2 or maybe even 3 more players as well, they ain't messing around this summer.

They will surpass us next season unfortunately, unless we turn up in the transfer window.

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

They will surpass us next season unfortunately, unless we turn up in the transfer window.

They should do, really. I don't want to go all small time but we can't compete with these clubs for players and transfer fees. Even with a transfer "ban" they've been able to add Kovacic permanently and Pulisic. They are clearly now flexing their muscle in a weakened market.

We look like we've missed a great chance to get in this season and it's only going to get harder for clubs like ourselves going forward.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

They should do, really. I don't want to go all small time but we can't compete with these clubs for players and transfer fees. Even with a transfer "ban" they've been able to add Kovacic permanently and Pulisic. They are clearly now flexing their muscle in a weakened market.

We look like we've missed a great chance to get in this season and it's only going to get harder for clubs like ourselves going forward.

I agree for the most part. I just hope we make some smart signings and actually attempt to keep up with them. 

We can't sign players for £72m but we can sign players like Ricardo, Maddison, Soyuncu etc for £20-40m 

13 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

They're already better than us lol

1 point separate us. And both league games ended in draws. There isn't that much between us atm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

eric dier says he wants to leave spurs knowing he has won trophies, poor lad will be playing forever won’t he 😂

He’s got the “First team from London to be beat Leicester in the 19/20 Season” cup hasn’t he? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

He’s got the “First team from London to be beat Leicester in the 19/20 Season” cup hasn’t he? 

Well he can now retire knowing he has won something worth while 😂 suppose he has the Aldi cup to. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, That_Dude said:

I respect what they've achieved, even if they're tough to watch at times, but I don't think they've had this form without the forced break.

I hear that a lot but we'd have been fine IMO.

Our form for 2020 up to the lockdown was that we had only lost 2 games, whilst playing twice a week with Europe. As I've mentioned before on here we play better when there's no long gaps between games. We seem to relish that fast turnaround. We're got an excellent fitness/medical team meaning we get very few injuries - I remember Nuno saying they even have the players doing recovery work on the coach/plane journey home. And because of our defensive organisation we run a lot less distance than most teams and save energy that way. Prorbably why we score more 2nd half goals against teams and have the best points record in the league when coming from behind in games. We always tend to start cautiously then grow into games when teams tire and the space opens up more.

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

If they actually had a decent manager they'd be challenging the top two with what they're putting together. 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah they'll be better than us next season, no shame in it really, they'll spend 200m+ this summer.

It's their defence that is the bigger issue but spending 200m+ doesn't mean you'll succeed. Lampard's job is much tougher next season than it was this season.