Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

4 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Is he though? 

Both quite different players. I’d personally love Grealish at our club. I’ve watched a lot of him in recent years and he is a good player with a decent engine and also a good ball winner. He will only get better. 

Let’s see him do it again  - the PL is getting more physically demanding each season ......

Grealish is a good footballer but for someone who I've seen as an attacking midfielder, 13 goals in 113 appearances (a lot at Championship level) is pretty poor for someone who is supposed to be worth a lot of money. He's tidy, easy on the eye and clearly has ability and he does keep the ball well under pressure but whenever I've watched him he does a lot of passing to a team mate 6 yards away and getting it back.

He would probably do well in a team of good players but I think he enjoys being 'the main man' too much. Annoys me the price you have to pay for players who have done nothing above Championship level, same goes for the likes of Harry Wilson who is valued at £20m+, why?

43 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Grealish is a good footballer but for someone who I've seen as an attacking midfielder, 13 goals in 113 appearances (a lot at Championship level) is pretty poor for someone who is supposed to be worth a lot of money. He's tidy, easy on the eye and clearly has ability and he does keep the ball well under pressure but whenever I've watched him he does a lot of passing to a team mate 6 yards away and getting it back.

He would probably do well in a team of good players but I think he enjoys being 'the main man' too much. Annoys me the price you have to pay for players who have done nothing above Championship level, same goes for the likes of Harry Wilson who is valued at £20m+, why?

You’re paying for potential. How much would you want for Barnes?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Maddison certainly has certainly proven his worth. 

• Like 4

i think Madders is class and i'm looking forward to him pushing on next year, but i was originally questioning if he is that much better than Grealish?   Not as easy a comparison as it used to be. Grealish isn't the attacking player that Madders is and has become more of a link player (with attacking ability) mainly when he's been played in a 3. 

YT is better than Grealish, 

If we can't get YT (and we won;t be in for Grealish), that's the sort of player we need. Not easy to come by.

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Remember how Ryan Sessegnon tore the Championship a new one and was expected to do the same to the Prem? Grealish is decent but time will tell. 

Probably wasn't helped by the 3 managers and completely disjointed Fulham team. May have been different with a decent team around him

• Like 1

David Brooks was class in the Championship and eased into the PL well. It took Vardy a year.

I don't think a season straight after promotion defines a players. As with some foreign players, some take to the league well and with others it takes time.

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Oooh hello 

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Very lightweight and as you suggest his stats are nothing to shout about, he's young and English and has a bit of the lad type look about him so is considered to be better than he actually is.

Maddison is a much much better player and has a lot more to his game than Grelish

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Very lightweight and as you suggest his stats are nothing to shout about, he's young and English and has a bit of the lad type look about him so is considered to be better than he actually is.

Maddison is a much much better player and has a lot more to his game than Grelish

He's a good footballer. Why do we have to compare players. Grealish comes deep for the ball, deeper than Maddison, and wins it back. Him and McGinn look good and it'll be good to see how they get on next season.

This is the same James Maddison that this forum was slagging off earlier this season.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

He's a good footballer. Why do we have to compare players. Grealish comes deep for the ball, deeper than Maddison, and wins it back. Him and McGinn look good and it'll be good to see how they get on next season.

This is the same James Maddison that this forum was slagging off earlier this season.

He's OK nothing special about him really is there? we compare players because we are on a football forum? anyone can win a ball back that's the job of a midfielder right?

I don't think i've ever actually slagged him off either.

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Hazard will be leaving Chelsea.... I hope their supporters are pissed off and incredibly miserable at that thought ... after all, they did it to us with ngolo ......

At least they'll get a ridiculous fee for him unlike us.

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Hazard will be leaving Chelsea.... I hope their supporters are pissed off and incredibly miserable at that thought ... after all, they did it to us with ngolo ......

They will be. Did you see the way they reacted against us. Begging him to stay. 

On 29/05/2019 at 11:19, FIF said:

It's why I really would have preferred Derby. Villa haven't had enough time outside the prem to learn some humility

I agree. But 15+ years in the lower leagues for Leeds and that still hasn't taught them humility.

Guest SO1
24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Seeing Arsenal capitulate in the way they did last night shows that they can be caught next season, especially if you look at their end of season results. They reportedly have a very limited transfer budget and have lost Aaron Ramsey. If someone one like us, Everton or Wolves gets their act together they can be replaced in the top 6 on a consistent basis for as long as Stan Kroenke owns the club.

Emery I think is a decent coach, but they have problems that are much deeper than the manager. Ozil on 350K a week and literally not giving a shit in a European final is symptomatic of their issues, and I don't see them getting rid of him on those wages.

I've been watching Ozil since Madrid and still don't understand why people held him in such high regard. His work rate seemed suspect even then.

Remember him resigning for Arsenal and questioning Wenger's mental health. Kroenke is going to suck them dry. Great for us, sad for them.

24 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I've been watching Ozil since Madrid and still don't understand why people held him in such high regard. His work rate seemed suspect even then.

Remember him resigning for Arsenal and questioning Wenger's mental health. Kroenke is going to suck them dry. Great for us, sad for them.

I was shocked when they sold him as he was considered world class at the time. But Ancelotti sold him and they went onto win the Champions League 4 times since he left. Proved Carlo was an excellent judge of character. 

4 hours ago, Koke said:

I agree. But 15+ years in the lower leagues for Leeds and that still hasn't taught them humility.

True. Make it 115 years then.

4 hours ago, SO1 said:

Never understood the Ozil hype either.

4 hours ago, SO1 said:

I thought he was great at Madrid under Jose as was he the first couple of seasons at Arsenal, it’s been the last couple of seasons thats been disappointing, the talent is there but the motivation is obviously missing from him now 

Edited by jammie82uk