Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Lo Celso is a pretty good move by Spurs but it's pretty much certainly a sign that Eriksen has gone. 

Considering it's been strongly speculated much, reckon Bale will go to Man United now.

Which could suit each other well - Man Utd potentially having another player, who can be very decent when he wants to, paid astronomical wages but hardly pulling up trees (like Lukaku, Pogba and Sanchez there) whenever he gets the chance to play and therefore Man United continuing the trend of pursuing even more poor recruitment practices..

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Whilst they would of course be bending and breaking every rule going to do it, getting into that circle is worth the ban you’ll get once you’re in though? I mean what’s a transfer ban to a team that goes out and and gets the players ready for the ban anyway? Or a year banned from Europe? Who cares. Once that years over you’re in that group now anyway so you’ll take that year hit? 

Unless I’m missing something? Which to be fair is quite likely.

Yeah you basically lose a few hundred million over 1-2 seasons.

After that you can maintain with acceptable losses as you then have expensive players to sell to fund new ones and revenue will skyrocket as well.

If people had a problem with Wolves and their fans last season it'll be even worse next season, Enter Aston Villa.

What a disgusting, delusional club and fanbase.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Don't understand where he's going to go though.

He's obviously brilliant but who really needs Eriksen for the money he'd cost?

There are loads of teams on the continent in need of a rebuild. I think players like him will be in greater demand than usual if anything, even at his price.

It's going to be a very interesting window this one. Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern and others all need a rebuild.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’ve always wondered who’s number people use for TV shows etc, when they show a text etc.

theres numbers set aside for use in tv and film, or sometimes they'll set up a number specifically for it

6 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Did anyone listen to Talk sport drive last night around 5.30?

Durham saying Jack Grealish should be in the England squad bla bla bla just interested to see if they even mentioned Maddison was better lol ?

Is he though? 

Both quite different players. I’d personally love Grealish at our club. I’ve watched a lot of him in recent years and he is a good player with a decent engine and also a good ball winner. He will only get better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LinekersApples said:

Is he though? 

Both quite different players. I’d personally love Grealish at our club. I’ve watched a lot of him in recent years and he is a good player with a decent engine and also a good ball winner. He will only get better. 

He's not as good as N'didi or Choudhury and older than both. Nor is he as good as Madders nor Tielemans and older than both.

Villa really are mouthing it after scraping through against Derby. It's why I really would have preferred Derby. Villa haven't had enough time outside the prem to learn some humility. They still think they are an elite club and by far the best in the midlands. Hoping they have a miserable season resulting in humiliating relegation by February, at the bottom of the league.

11 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Watford sign highly rated  Brazilian 17 year old Pedro for just 2m  

They’ve already signed him, they couldn’t transfer him from Brazil before as he wasn’t old enough. According to Tim Vickery he’s only played in the first team for the last 2 weeks, but has already scored 3 gold. Could be a very good player.

15 hours ago, Matt said:

If people had a problem with Wolves and their fans last season it'll be even worse next season, Enter Aston Villa.

What a disgusting, delusional club and fanbase.

I can deal with Villa fans being a bit delusional, they're a massive club. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Lo Celso is a pretty good move by Spurs but it's pretty much certainly a sign that Eriksen has gone. 

Apparently has an £88 mill release clause  and they offered £53 mill.  Oh spurs.

Edited by Jattdogg

28 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

They’ve already signed him, they couldn’t transfer him from Brazil before as he wasn’t old enough. According to Tim Vickery he’s only played in the first team for the last 2 weeks, but has already scored 3 gold. Could be a very good player.

7 goals in last 4 matches

https://www.90min.com/posts/6378313-joao-pedro-5-things-to-know-about-the-watford-bound-forward-attracting-interest-from-liverpool

they got first say on him as part of Richardson deal

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Durham saying Jack Grealish should be in the England squad bla bla bla just interested to see if they even mentioned Maddison was better lol ?

Durham is a big fan of Maddison.

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

About an hour earlier he was saying to Aidy Boothroyd ‘don’t you dare take maddison off because it infuriates me when Leicester do’ 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

He's not as good as N'didi or Choudhury and older than both. Nor is he as good as Madders nor Tielemans and older than both.

Villa really are mouthing it after scraping through against Derby. It's why I really would have preferred Derby. Villa haven't had enough time outside the prem to learn some humility. They still think they are an elite club and by far the best in the midlands. Hoping they have a miserable season resulting in humiliating relegation by February, at the bottom of the league.

He is better than many think.

He isn't as good as any you've mentioned at doing what they do best, but he can do a bit of everything very well. People on here also think Ross Barkley is a bad player, yet he can also do everything well and that's why he's often selected in the International squad.

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

I'd rather have Grealish in the squad than Lingard.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Durham is a big fan of Maddison.

Yea he’s continually bigged him up since his debut against Man Utd back in August .. has mentioned numerous times how the ‘big 6’ should sign him up though?

26 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

He is better than many think.

He isn't as good as any you've mentioned at doing what they do best, but he can do a bit of everything very well. People on here also think Ross Barkley is a bad player, yet he can also do everything well and that's why he's often selected in the International squad.

Barkley catches the eye because carries the ball well but his end product is so underwhelming 

Grealish is quality. Matured a lot as a player since they went down and I think he’ll have a very good season next year. He’ll never come here now they’ve been promoted and I’d probably prefer Tielemans anyway, but he is class

• Like 2