Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

16 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

So Newcastle are going to be Man City mark 2

I asked about their three year rolling profits earlier ... they made 15mill last season but the previous one saw a 40m loss due to relegation 

so they cannot just spend a fortune.  Quite how Man City were  allowed to get away with what theyve done over the past decade is astonishing - a year away from the champions league is really not significant enough punishment 

i expect the ‘big six’ will be watching closely at events up in the north east and highlighting where they step out of line. 

In any case, if the deal is done within a week or two, then expect Newcastle to spend 100/150m in the transfer market this summer 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I asked about their three year rolling profits earlier ... they made 15mill last season but the previous one saw a 40m loss due to relegation 

so they cannot just spend a fortune.  Quite how Man City were  allowed to get away with what theyve done over the past decade is astonishing - a year away from the champions league is really not significant enough punishment 

i expect the ‘big six’ will be watching closely at events up in the north east and highlighting where they step out of line. 

In any case, if the deal is done within a week or two, then expect Newcastle to spend 100/150m in the transfer market this summer 

Whilst they would of course be bending and breaking every rule going to do it, getting into that circle is worth the ban you’ll get once you’re in though? I mean what’s a transfer ban to a team that goes out and and gets the players ready for the ban anyway? Or a year banned from Europe? Who cares. Once that years over you’re in that group now anyway so you’ll take that year hit? 

Unless I’m missing something? Which to be fair is quite likely.

Edited by ARTY_FOX

21 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Whilst they would of course be bending and breaking every rule going to do it, getting into that circle is worth the ban you’ll get once you’re in though? I mean what’s a transfer ban to a team that goes out and and gets the players ready for the ban anyway? Or a year banned from Europe? Who cares. Once that years over you’re in that group now anyway so you’ll take that year hit? 

Unless I’m missing something? Which to be fair is quite likely.

No - I agree with you completely.  The sanctions are pretty irrelevant once you make it ....:

12 minutes ago, Sly said:

He also said Tyrone Mings was as good as VVD. 

Seriously .....

20 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Just got even tougher since you posted. Villa fan on Talksport convinced they're breaking top 4 next season!!!

Got to love Villa fans... just scraped into the PL and now they are going for CL football... they will more likely get relegated, they need a lot of investment plus they had a few on loan too...  

Edited by foxes_rule1978

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

On a totally different but potentially game changing news. I’ve just seen on the BBC website that the Crown Prince of the UAE Sheikh Khalid Bin Nahyan is about to take over Newcastle Utd. The guy doesn’t mess around and anyone who has been to Dubai will see that they throw money at making sure they have the ‘best’ most upto date of everything. 

I fear that they could be the next Manchester City. As much as I love our owners, these guys would have been ideal joint owners.

I really hope I’m wrong!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48420387

Newcastle take over could make life difficult for us. Last thing we need is another club bank rolled by oil money.

Edited by Koke

28 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

About time we got bankrolled by an oil state and chucked 200 million at Elano, Jo & Robinho.

I know. Being bankrolled by a government sanctioned monopoly feels so 2011. Maybe we should skip the oil money and go directly for the arms trade?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

About time we got bankrolled by an oil state and chucked 200 million at Elano, Jo & Robinho.

Elano was brilliant. Did Geovanni play for them as well before Hull?

Checked, yeah.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I know. Being bankrolled by a government sanctioned monopoly feels so 2011. Maybe we should skip the oil money and go directly for the arms trade?

Tbf those players were bought from the original Thai takeover 

7 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

Crazy how far we have come. 28/30 in terms of points gained in the last 4 seasons from the top European leagues. Even with all our managerial changes. 

470DEA3A-6C52-4067-9654-40F8E379FAAD.png

Atalanta being up there is incredible 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Lo Celso is a pretty good move by Spurs but it's pretty much certainly a sign that Eriksen has gone. 

Don't understand where he's going to go though.

He's obviously brilliant but who really needs Eriksen for the money he'd cost?