Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 hours ago, Koke said:

The league will be poorer without Hazard. Truly a great player and a pleasure to watch. His touch, balance, his ability to glide through players with ease, his intelligence on the ball. Also note, he gets kicked a lot but isn't a prolific diver like Zaha and other players. 

His ability to literally glide through people is incredible, and as you mentioned, he doesn't throw himself down after a touch. 

Zaha needs to work on that to take a step up in class 

19 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

88million seems small for the 100+ that was being thrown about.

Ffs no. This means we have to win the league by ourselves this year then. 

Edited by sylofox
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man United confirm they have a deal in principle to sign Daniel James from Swansea, a player we ourselves were linked with. 

Quite an unusual choice for them to sign and will be interesting to see how he gets on. Usually a player from the Championship would be a bench player at best for a club like that, but given their current crop he might well be used a lot more than that. That said, Zaha was a flop when signed by Fergie, who is a decent comparison.  

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

A player who has spent years not getting the credit he deserves. Phenomenal player.

Regarding the fee... it's clearly lower because he's only got a year left.

you talking about hazard? he gets plenty of credit and rightly so. definitely not underrated or overrated.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

I don’t understand the Hazard signing by Madrid. They have decent attacking options. It’s the defence that’s dropping to bits!! 

Benzema isn’t prolific, Bale is a crock and Vinicius Jr is talented but too young still. 

Hazard will work well with Jovic and their existing options. Besides their defence ageing it’s mostly fine - their midfield needs surgery because Kroos and Modric can’t cover enough ground anymore.

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Benzema isn’t prolific, Bale is a crock and Vinicius Jr is talented but too young still. 

Hazard will work well with Jovic and their existing options. Besides their defence ageing it’s mostly fine - their midfield needs surgery because Kroos and Modric can’t cover enough ground anymore.

Aren’t they looking to ship bale out?

Sarri got too much abuse from his own fans, and disrespected by some of his players. I hope be does well at Juve. 

Might not be related but for me I want guys like Sarri and AVB to succeed. Guys who never played the game professionally. It makes some ex pros, who are total failures at management level, seethe with anger. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Everton wasted so much money in the past few years on players nearing the end of their careers or just being shite. 

The amount they spent on the likes of Williams and schneiderlin is barmy 

To be fair Schneiderlin was only 27 when they bought him and he's pretty bloody decent, the move to United ruined him mind.

I know its far too early for league predictions but I am bored!

1. Manchester City

2. Liverpool

3. Tottenham Hotspur

4. Arsenal

5. Manchester United

6. Leicester City

7. Chelsea

8. Wolves

9. Everton

10. Watford

11. West Ham

12. Newcastle United

13. Southampton

14. Palace

15. Aston Villa

16. Bournemouth

17. Sheffield United

18. Brighton

19. Burnley

20. Norwich

• Haha 1

With Sarri looking like he’s leaving for Juventus it makes Top’s decision to bring in Rodgers early inspired. Chelsea might have an impending transfer ban looming but make no mistake - with Rodger’s previous Chelsea connections he’d have been all over that job. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I know its far too early for league predictions but I am bored!

1. Manchester City

2. Liverpool

3. Tottenham Hotspur

4. Arsenal

5. Manchester United

6. Leicester City

7. Chelsea

8. Wolves

9. Everton

10. Watford

11. West Ham

12. Newcastle United

13. Southampton

14. Palace

15. Aston Villa

16. Bournemouth

17. Sheffield United

18. Brighton

19. Burnley

20. Norwich

No way are Arsenal getting 4th, they’re a shambles and don’t have money to spend. If we keep hold of our best players (Chilwell and Maddison are more important than Maguire imo) and a few decent additions the Top 4 is there for grabs next year. Aside from Liverpool and Man City the rest are average 

Edited by Staffs Fox
  • Like 1

I’ll get shot down here “why not?!” “Why so pessimistic” but there’s no way we finish anywhere near the top 4 next year. 

Top 6 will be a mighty stretch but just about doable if we have a good run. 7th is realistic, 8th/9th again would be my bet. 

Wolves and Everton are just slightly better than us IMO. 

Im not even meaning this in a negative way, I think we’d have had a good season if we finish above 10th, I think that every year, means we’re one of the top ten teams in the country, Leicester City, that’s outstanding in the grand scheme of things. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

Bit of good news regards Wolves. They are playing in China during pre season and then flying back for Europa League. 

Seems daft they are doing that through choice but all that travelling during pre season as we know affects a small squad