Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

6 hours ago, sm1 said:

Maguire looks like a young Peter Beardsley :D

ees from oop north. They all look the same.

Aim should be to finish above these next season. At least United have enough money go throw at their problems. Arsenal don't have a pot to piss in.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Aim should be to finish above these next season. At least United have enough money go throw at their problems. Arsenal don't have a pot to piss in.

They got a few players that are worth abit, but top 4 will be a worry for them

1 hour ago, brucey said:

That is interesting. It is somewhat ridiculous that it takes a multi-million pound footballer for some people to change their opinion on something like this, but I guess it has to be seen as positive regardless. 

Also, it reminded me of this:-

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

That is interesting. It is somewhat ridiculous that it takes a multi-million pound footballer for some people to change their opinion on something like this, but I guess it has to be seen as positive regardless. 

I thought that said ALLAH on his shirt at first.

• Haha 3

Arsenal lol that can't be true can it?

How can a club of that size get it so wrong? They should be capable of challenging the elite. Now I'm not convinced they'll even come above us or Wolves.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Arsenal lol that can't be true can it?

How can a club of that size get it so wrong? They should be capable of challenging the elite. Now I'm not convinced they'll even come above us or Wolves.

Well wolves anyway. Remember the days when we couldn’t buy a win against Arsenal. 

On 02/06/2019 at 18:55, Ian Nacho said:

Ours was more honest though. I know people from Coventry, who are so called Liverpool fans, who went to Liverpool today for the parade. In all fairness, it's not like there is a team in Coventry for them to support. 

Actually, to my utter surprise, I ran into a Coventry supporter yesterday when I was buying a jet-ski just outside the small town of Midland, Ontario, Canada. He was right proud that they are now in League 1. I told him that the last time I went to Coventry, in the 1970’s, my brother was asking me “How do they know I’m a Leicester fan?” (We had accidentally bought tickets for their end, immediately tucked the scarves away once we realized and tried to sneak across to join our supporters).

“Because you forgot to hide the one wrapped around your head....you idiot!”. Hahaha. Happy days.

• Haha 1

On 04/06/2019 at 11:14, David Guiza said:

On 04/06/2019 at 13:10, Leeds Fox said:

I thought that said ALLAH on his shirt at first.

I thought he did a Robbie Fowler coke-snorting celebration.

• Haha 1

On 04/06/2019 at 09:43, brucey said:

On 04/06/2019 at 11:14, David Guiza said:

It's a bit of a stretch to suggest hate crimes have gone down because of one Muslim footballer signing. That's a selective choice of charts by Holbein. Also note that the amount of hate crimes in the area according to the one graph has recently reached a previous high, and that there were less hate crimes at one stage a full year and a half before Salah signed for Liverpool.

Also note that in the other graph, virtually all other crime types have gone up since he signed. lol

"Hate crime" is also a highly-contested, controversial term that is subject to interpretation. Its range and effect highly disputed.

What it does reflect is the media's tendency to break down complex issues to a common denominator they fancy in order to perpetrate a certain agenda or bias. Or maybe they're just ignorant. Or lazy. Or both.

We'd need to dissect the full study in order to make a through statement. This is but cherry-picking some of the findings without giving further context.

Also not taking into account the fact that Liverpool as a team have done very well ever since, so there's surely a certain element of content in the population or less frustration in general based on that.

So many variables...

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 4

It's just the way he glides across the pitch keeping everything level until he takes the faintest of touches off a defender, his balance is on a par with Messi. Technically one of the best players ever in the Premier League.

Chelsea bought the replacement months ago but it looks like more of a marketing signing than a genuine attempt to replace a great player.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

88million seems small for the 100+ that was being thrown about.

Goodluck in Spain.

And thank you for this...not because you won us the league (we did that on our own) but because its spurs and a good dagger goal.

• Like 4

The league will be poorer without Hazard. Truly a great player and a pleasure to watch. His touch, balance, his ability to glide through players with ease, his intelligence on the ball. Also note, he gets kicked a lot but isn't a prolific diver like Zaha and other players. 

• Like 2

Chelsea to appeal against their ban to CAS

they have predictably left it late so that they can have the summer window ahead before the ban is confirmed 

you would think that if CAS find their appeal to be trivial, then UEFA will add another window to the original ban ??