Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I bet Rooney coming out and saying the best manager he played under was LVG hasn't gone down too great with united fans. 

Think the quote was LVG was the best coach he'd played under in terms of tactical awareness etc. 

"Van Gaal is by far the best coach I have worked with - one hundred per cent,"

Fergie was probably the best manager he played under, with it being known he knew how to get the best out of players in terms of mentality.  

Think it just highlights that Fergie was good at mentally preparing his team, whereas LVG looked at every single detail possible. 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Think the quote was LVG was the best coach he'd played under in terms of tactical awareness etc. 

"Van Gaal is by far the best coach I have worked with - one hundred per cent,"

Fergie was probably the best manager he played under, with it being known he knew how to get the best out of players in terms of mentality.  

Think it just highlights that Fergie was good at mentally preparing his team, whereas LVG looked at every single detail possible. 

Wasn't very tactically aware that day lol

But yeah didn't realise he said coach

giggs-lvg_ap_3046296b.jpg

• Haha 2

Southampton have signed Che Adams. Good player, terrible announcement video!

Thought we would see him here given he's a Leicester lad, but I think he will start for the Saints whereas with Vardy here he would be backup, and we'd have to get rid of Nacho and Slimani first. Think this player will do well for them.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Southampton have signed Che Adams. Good player, terrible announcement video!

Thought we would see him here given he's a Leicester lad, but I think he will start for the Saints whereas with Vardy here he would be backup, and we'd have to get rid of Nacho and Slimani first. Think this player will do well for them.

Big mistake by Leicester.

Cheap price too.

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Shame, actually thought he is one player we would bring in and it made a lot of sense too.

The thing is that we'd have to offload probably two players before we could bring him in, and it would be very hard to get rid of Nacho and Slimani and would represent a major loss on both players to do so. We don't NEED a striker if Vardy is fit whereas a Leicester 2019/2020 team without Tielemans is probably finishing 9th at best. Nacho might still come good though like most I'm not convinced at all by him.

For what it's worth I do agree that Adams is a good player that would have made a lot of sense to bring in, but running a club is very challenging. Picking your battles and making sure you win them is probably a good strategy to stick to. If we get an up and coming full back, Tielemans and wide player that contributes goals and assists, we will be in very good shape. We already have 1 of those players in, so that's two more to go.

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The thing is that we'd have to offload probably two players before we could bring him in, and it would be very hard to get rid of Nacho and Slimani and would represent a major loss on both players to do so. We don't NEED a striker if Vardy is fit whereas a Leicester 2019/2020 team without Tielemans is probably finishing 9th at best. Nacho might still come good though like most I'm not convinced at all by him.

For what it's worth I do agree that Adams is a good player that would have made a lot of sense to bring in, but running a club is very challenging. Picking your battles and making sure you win them is probably a good strategy to stick to. If we get an up and coming full back, Tielemans and wide player that contributes goals and assists, we will be in very good shape. We already have 1 of those players in, so that's two more to go.

I have to disagree. We NEED a striker whether Vardy stays fit or not. Vardy did well at the end of the season, but he always does under a new manager, he also had some barren times last season and the season before  and we had no-one who stepped in and maintained our challenge. He is also knocking on and injuries are more and more likely. It's not an either or situation with striker and midfield, it's a MUST have both.

If we're really in a position where we need to sell Slimani in order to get another striker then we are tinpot and should forget about europe or even a top half finish. If we can't afford a young proven championship player like Adams then perhaps we should concentrate on a relegation battle.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So about half of what palace actually want for him? This will surely be rejected instantly. 

I just came on here to post the same. Thought others might appreciate the laugh!

Considering that's meant to be the maximum they can offer this window, why are they even bothering, there's clearly no chance. 

17 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I just came on here to post the same. Thought others might appreciate the laugh!

Considering that's meant to be the maximum they can offer this window, why are they even bothering, there's clearly no chance. 

They'll be hoping he chucks his toys out the pram. After being dropped by ivory coast he needs a move and kick on tbh.

8 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Have a £40m budget and the worst back line in the ‘top six’ and want to blow it all on another attacker. No logic from whoever is responsible for recruitment at Arsenal!

I think they have more to spend than that - and I expect aubameyang to leave 

Arsenal low balling Palace to unsettle the player and force a move. Oldest trick in the book. They'll probably get him for 60 million if he makes it clear he wants to leave.

• Like 1