Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

I see the Premier League fantasy football competition has started back up again.  Feels a bit early considering the lack of transfer movement so far, but maybe that means there's more bargains to be had before they move? (If their value goes up afterwards, of course) ;)

2 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

I see the Premier League fantasy football competition has started back up again.  Feels a bit early considering the lack of transfer movement so far, but maybe that means there's more bargains to be had before they move? (If their value goes up afterwards, of course) ;)

I think I’ll stick to thriving under the pressure of doing it 15 mins before the first game kicks off. 

So Arse want to buy Zaha and sell Aubameyang. I don't understand it. Yeah Zaha is a good play but Aubameyang is an elite striker, why would Arse want to get rid? A step backwards.

Eriksen set to leave Spurs. Don't see how they can get anyone as good to replace him. A step backwards.

Hazard gone from Chelsea, Lampard replacing Sarri. A step backwards.

Manure buying everyone. but really just getting a couple of championship players. A step backwards.

Things are looking good.

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This seems an odd one; isn't he one of their first choice left backs? And surely 15mill to another prem club seems low in this age

He’s their back up left back and they’ve got a young lad called Vokins who looks more than ready to take his place (usual saints way!) so pretty good business really.

They can use that money to buy Adams, 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He’s their back up left back and they’ve got a young lad called Vokins who looks more than ready to take his place (usual saints way!) so pretty good business really.

They can use that money to buy Adams, 

In which case a good bit of business there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FIF said:

So Arse want to buy Zaha and sell Aubameyang. I don't understand it. Yeah Zaha is a good play but Aubameyang is an elite striker, why would Arse want to get rid? A step backwards.

Eriksen set to leave Spurs. Don't see how they can get anyone as good to replace him. A step backwards.

Hazard gone from Chelsea, Lampard replacing Sarri. A step backwards.

Manure buying everyone. but really just getting a couple of championship players. A step backwards.

Things are looking good.

It makes no sense to me either.

Arsenal are such an odd side, they need their backroom gutted and started over. Why sell Aubameyang, one of the best strikers in the world for Zaha? 

Spurs needed that Champions League win to help their push, may be too much to buy the CDM from Lyon and a strong CAM. 

Lampard to Chelsea makes sense, but is way too early in his career. 

Utd are a shambles.

Edited by UniFox21

United linked with a potential 50mil offer for villa's josh McGinn. Have they taken leave of their senses? I know he's a grafter and what not but ... is he their calibre or someone who you'd rely on in a top 4 bid? Mins you who else they got in that cobatative role?

13 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

What...? Liam Moore there too does that mean Schlupp is joining Reading

Simpson's a decent Premier league right back and is looking for a new club. A decent Premier league club has just sold their right back and are now looking for a new one. It's hardly a stretch. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Simpson's a decent Premier league right back and is looking for a new club. A decent Premier league club has just sold their right back and are now looking for a new one. It's hardly a stretch. 

The actual link fair enough but the logic behind it is a stretch. Simpson and Schlupp are extremely good pals from their time here, they’re just out in Dubai doing some pre season work together

• Like 2

On 28/06/2019 at 22:21, StriderHiryu said:

Well I think it's a case of a brilliant video that is totally unsuitable for their team and current situation. I live 10 minutes from the stadium (moved down for work years ago and still here) and they've honestly done Islington justice with all of the locations and places they've selected. But as you say given the team they have it's all very false. But I wouldn't have a go at the club or the people that put the video together as they've done a good job.

Looking at Arsenal at the moment makes me really happy that we have players like Barnes and Choudhury in the team at the moment who grew up supporting the club. We also have Vardy, Kasper and Wes who though all getting old probably have Leicester in their blood these days. One of the best things Vichai managed to do since his takeover was to instill a culture into the club through his own personality and embracing Pearson and some of the senior players too. It might not quite be a trophy winning one yet, but in general Leicester players don't take the piss with the exception of Mahrez towards the end of his time here. When you see the Lingards, Ozils and Pogbas of this world, this makes me really happy. Hopefully we can keep it this way!

Great post, couldn't agree more.

• Like 1