Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Maybe Newcastle fans will go a bit easier on Ashley now knowing that the ambition he wasn't sharing with Benitez was winning the Chinese Super League

Some Geordie journalist on TalkSport last night said Benitez wouldn't have moved to us because it isn't a step up. God knows what he makes of this.

• Haha 1

I fear for Newcastle next season. They have lost their manager, and about to lose their top scorer.  Also Longstaff strongly linked to a move elsewhere.  Unless Mike Ashley can find some extra money on top of the transfer incomes, they may be around the relegation places at the end of the year.

17 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

I fear for Newcastle next season. They have lost their manager, and about to lose their top scorer.  Also Longstaff strongly linked to a move elsewhere.  Unless Mike Ashley can find some extra money on top of the transfer incomes, they may be around the relegation places at the end of the year.

Yeah, well - we're going to struggle round here, too: Rachel Riley is now married :P 

Oops - I forgot:

Yeah, we'll struggle too

Need better inspiration

Riley's now married

Edited by PhillippaT

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

FB_IMG_1562156097494.thumb.jpg.c6e122bceb07efde6bb490ea1260a787.jpg

As a Leicester fan I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from dreaming of winning the league, but he can't be serious surely? He can't have signed for Southampton genuinely thinking he's joining a title contender. Confidence is a great thing, but so is being realistic. 

With saying that, he has put himself under some pressure there already..

With a rather complete squad (assuming Tielemans and Perez acquisitions), my feeling on Maguire is to hold him for one more year and see if LCFC results can match the players' ambitions.  The goal then must be top 6 with perhaps less focus on the cups.  If we can't crack the top 6 with this attractive squad (and in this environment of a weak Arsenal, Manu, and Chelsea), it's not likely to happen soon.  In that case, allow Maguire to leave and continue to bolster whatever cracks develop in the dam.

Though it does seem madness to turn away 70+ mil.  I know others hold that viewpoint, and outsiders are questioning that decision with a cocked eye.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

As a Leicester fan I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from dreaming of winning the league, but he can't be serious surely? He can't have signed for Southampton genuinely thinking he's joining a title contender. Confidence is a great thing, but so is being realistic. 

To be fair there is every chance he is a Leicester fan so might be where his thinking is from lol 

8 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Frank Lampard is officially the new Chelsea manager

Indeed. I had a quick nose on one of their fan forums to see what the reaction was like. I was expecting them to be excited he's back (which goodness me, I can understand), but at the same time have some hesitation due to his relative lack of experience. But no, he's the messiah and they are heading to the top, apparently. :dunno:

21 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Does he actually think he's signed for us? 

18 hours ago, AjcW said:

To be fair there is every chance he is a Leicester fan so might be where his thinking is from lol 

His middle name is Everton so maybe not. Didn’t realise he played for oadby town. Wish we had signed him. I’m all for them believing they can win the league. Bored of the top 6 thinking they run shit. Local lad so good luck to him.

22 hours ago, Facecloth said:

The Ralph Express sounds like a lot of fun lol

23 hours ago, Facecloth said:

"Obviously" ???

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Lampards first home game in charge (against us) + Chelsea play Liverpool in the Super Cup Final on Wednesday 14th - Almost certainly moved for TV, is it tomorrow we find out? 

Scheduled for tomorrow yes. Usually they announce it late afternoon on a Friday. There have been times where they drop them out early especially first few games as less contentious TV decisions to be made.