Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

40 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is exactly what people said to us about Claudio. I have no idea if their fans want him out, but if they do they're much better judges than any of us.

I know but theirs is a very different case. They didn't win the title, their ambitions were never to challenge for top 5 (unlike Vichai's) or top 8 even, and their budget is smaller than ours was after the title win. Also, Claudio was sacked in his second season, that's hardly uncommon, there are clubs that change managers few times in a season and there are clubs that sack managers after a great season too (Tottenham and Pochettino being the most recent example, or take Mourinho few months after winning 14/15 title with Chelsea). Howe has been at Bournemouth since 2008 (with just a short one year side affair with Bunley), that's almost like a marriage, that's something completely unprecedented in football. Therefore their connection with him is much stronger than ours with Claudio whom we want to remember for the title run but who got so awfully stubborn in his second year.  I'd say regarding our situations back then in CR's second year and theirs now, there are simply too many differences between two clubs to make analogies.

Agree with their fans being ultimately better judges than us though. If they think Howe can't turn it around, and want him out, then that's it.

4 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Matty James 🤣

I assume that’s a joke, but I never know sometimes. Some people have this weird obsession with him when he was only ever a bang average footballer. 

Matty James was ahead of Drinkwater in the pecking order before the injuries. He could've been a top player for us. Massive shame. 

• Like 1

Just now, PhillippaT said:

Being married to an Arsenal supporter means neither of us have a choice (LCFC AND Arsenal) if we wish to keep things nice and stable. :P

In a similar position with a Fulham fan. Not sure I 'support' but do take an active interest. Did thoroughly enjoy the day out at Wembley beating Villa...and Derby in the Semi final :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

If we can't beat this team in the second leg of the League Cup semi? I mean look at them. 

Tbf I was saying the same thing in the first half on Wednesday. They could barely string 2 passes together until they scored, had their tails up for 5 mins and then did nothing afterwards.

Wednesday was a really poor result especially with penalties available after 90 mins of the second leg.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Feel like he gave away 2 penalties, but can't remember fully 

Definitely 2 penalties, one after about 30 seconds.