Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

4 of the top 6? Would that be the “big 6” or the current top 6 on the league 

either way find it hard to believe 4 out of the 6 clubs would want him 

https://www.skysports.com/share/11993872

Joshua King wants a new contact

Bournemouth striker Joshua King is wanted by four of the top six clubs in the Premier League this summer.

Manchester United made a £20m bid for King on Deadline Day in January but they did not improve their offer after it was rejected.

Fixed the headline

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

4 of the top 6 interested in Josh King isn’t that unlikely if he’s available at a decent value. 

Leicester, Man U, Chelsea and Wolves. Would improve all of the squads. 

Could even be referring to Sheff u based on PPG 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Says Joshua King's agent. 

Shame that some of these corrupt agents can't be questioned over their integrity in the industry.

Without the massive fees they gain from representing players, a lot of clubs would breathe more freely financially.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Shame that some of these corrupt agents can't be questioned over their integrity in the industry.

Without the massive fees they gain from representing players, a lot of clubs would breathe more freely financially.

He's trying to get his client a better deal, that's his job.

• Like 1

Having watched pretty much every Bundesliga game so far since their season resumed I am buzzing for the prem to resume and think our chances of CL qualification will improve than what was happening before. All of the games being played in germany are like attack versus defence training games, massively favouring the teams that can play football and keep it on the deck, more so than normal. Our style of play should benefit us when we’re back. All of the smaller clubs so far haven’t had a kick against the bigger clubs, apart from Freiburg I think (?) who nicked a draw v Leipzig. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Having watched pretty much every Bundesliga game so far since their season resumed I am buzzing for the prem to resume and think our chances of CL qualification will improve than what was happening before. All of the games being played in germany are like attack versus defence training games, massively favouring the teams that can play football and keep it on the deck, more so than normal. Our style of play should benefit us when we’re back. All of the smaller clubs so far haven’t had a kick against the bigger clubs, apart from Freiburg I think (?) who nicked a draw v Leipzig. 

First game defeat incoming :(

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Yeah all of the games really have the training session feel to them for obvious reasons. I feel like teams that have high intensity training should be at a big advantage and supposedly our training sessions are quite like the matches we've seen in the Bundesliga so far.

At the same time though, it's been months without football so it's almost like the season will start again. We made a decent start last time round, but there's no guarantee the same thing will happen again this time round. I hope it does though!

Edited by StriderHiryu

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah all of the games really have the training session feel to them for obvious reasons. I feel like teams that have high intensity training should be at a big advantage and supposedly our training sessions are quite like the matches we've seen in the Bundesliga so far.

At the same time though, it's been months without football so it's almost like the season will start again. We made a decent start last time round, but there's no guarantee the same thing will happen again this time round. I hope it does though!

Agreed. I don’t think this break would’ve hindered us too badly to be fair because we were really starting to stall post-Xmas. I know we beat Villa and West Ham but we were looking tired and out of ideas. Hopefully the break gives the lads the rest they needed.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bert said:

The fitness will be what sees teams through 

Yeah this will be huge. We forget that usually we have friendlies to get sharp. 

Naturally fit players are going to thrive. I wouldn’t be surprised if Albrighton was our best player for the first few weeks. It seems like he is alway one of the sharp ones in the early pre-season games. 

Theres definitely going to be a few players that are going to be miles off it for a few games. 

I also think that we might see a worse Vardy. Really hope I’m wrong but he seems like a player that thrives off the crowd. Without that kicking him on we might not get the same player. 

Players that dont handle pressure well might now show us some talent we didn’t realise they had. I’m not sure who in our squad that could be, but my money would be on Iheanacho. He seems like a guy who the crowd puts off more than improves. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Yeah this will be huge. We forget that usually we have friendlies to get sharp. 

Naturally fit players are going to thrive. I wouldn’t be surprised if Albrighton was our best player for the first few weeks. It seems like he is alway one of the sharp ones in the early pre-season games. 

Theres definitely going to be a few players that are going to be miles off it for a few games. 

It'll be really interesting to see the fitness levels, will give us an idea of the dedication some players have without a coach banging on at them. 

• Like 1