Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City post Match thread

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

Mate, you're aware that we played one of the best teams this league has ever seen away? Or you expected us to play them off the park?

We only lost because of a wonder goal, there's no shame in that and could've even had a draw if it wasn't for Nacho's glorious miss.

Dude, we dropped deeper in the second half, watching some of our defenders so scared they all but froze and let Man City on to us.

Rodgers out guessed himself in the second half, should have stuck with the first half game plan. I'll be happy to listen to your differing opinions.

13 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Great performance from us, but hats off to Man City I suppose. 

Man, Nacho really is done and dumb. Swap his position with Vardy at the end there and it could’ve been a different story. 

I missed that. Any clip

8 minutes ago, FIF said:

please will the morons not suddenly blame Nacho for our loss. He was on less than 10 minutes, don't show yourselves up.

Lots of players come on as subs and score, FIF.

That was a glaring miss for a professional footballer to make.

First half we were very disciplined and looked like we might create something on the counter. Second half we invited pressure and couldn't seem to keep the ball but obviously Man City were desperate and throwing everything at us. It looked like Pep had told them to intensify their press to stop us playing out from the back but at times they seemed to be playing ridiculously high, with 5 or 6 players around our back 4 while we had the ball. It panicked us but actually it was quite a cavalier strategy from Man City which may have got them into trouble had we played over or through their high press with a bit more calmness.

Nach sealed his fate in my opinion with that miss. You can't really ask for a better chance than that and he wasn't even close. Gary Neville said in commentary that the most shocking part is that he looked like he hit it exactly as he intended to lol Really showed a total lack of instinct and ability there I'm afraid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FIF said:

please will the morons not suddenly blame Nacho for our loss. He was on less than 10 minutes, don't show yourselves up.

C'mon mate , One good chance and he made a hash of it , he's a striker ffs , couldn't even get it on target . 

We looked knackered from about 40mins on. Certainly weren't beaten by lack of effort though. I wish we could've strung a few more passes together in the second half, sloppiness probably brought about by their pressing and our tiredness.

Screamer won it, Kompany's tried them before and made a complete tit of himself - he's probably just won the League for them. Besides some likable players Man City are a quite dislikeable Club, they come across as very tacky, fans up at arms about everything slightly contentious being against them, random Saudi's running up to Pep at full time for a congratulatory ball rub. Pretty sure Nacho's still on their pay roll too.

• Like 1

Nacho is useless get rid , total waste of cash him .  Hope the Danny Welbeck rumours are correct , we pushed the best team this league has possible ever seen all the way in a game they had to win ! So so proud of that team tonight , we have a young hungry team just need to add a bit of class now and we will be contenders for honours again

13 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

While he done ok he also looked lethargic and lacked the vibrancy we usually see from him. 

He's only really had a handful of games at this level, and Man City do tire teams. Got to love the guy's effort and much more to come. That set up for Iheanacho was superb. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, limeydale said:

Dude, we dropped deeper in the second half, watching some of our defenders so scared they all but froze and let Man City on to us.

Rodgers out guessed himself in the second half, should have stuck with the first half game plan. I'll be happy to listen to your differing opinions.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. What would you expect? That we go gung ho, charging all out and get torn apart? Pep overthought it by starting Foden. With Sané on, they got much more pace and pinned us down in our first third. Don't forget that they're at home and playing for the title. They have much, much more quality than us, that's just how it is. If we got the first goal, things might have been different, but it was out of question to even think about pressing them high during 90 minutes. Brendan set us up well and as I said we could've gotten a result if it wasn't for that what could be the goal of the season. 

• Like 3

I don't blame our defence for the goal. Our system was based around our defensive shape and there's no way you break it to close down a CB who's about to take a 30 yard potshot. If Choudary had closed him down, space would have opened up for another, more dangerous Man City player and we would have probably still conceded.

Iheanacho, though...:mad:

• Like 1