Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City post Match thread

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

I thought the same, but realistically we all expected him to sky it.  Hamza learned a tough lesson, expect the unexpected.

100% I don’t blame him at all. While he had it I genuinely said, he can have it there, let him have it, just stand him, then he does that. It says it all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manini said:

What did he say? He isn’t a very classy man is he really, he’s a right arrogant ****. 

Didn’t give us any credit. Said we came to defend like Watford did. Reckons they were far the better team etc, etc.

Just came across as up his own arse and not very sporting to me.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

No, The one who should have closed him down was Vardy. In that type of a game the forward has to make sure a CB doesn't do what Kompany done tonight.

Vardy closed down the pass before on the right of our midfield ..... they just worked the opening with some movement and we were happy for him to shoot

pep was a lot more complementary before the game than after ....... I think he expected that kitch was coaching us this evening ! 

40 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I really don't agree. You close the man it means they have a space in behind especially when it's their centre half. 

A Stat I saw was kompany hasn't had a shot on target from outside the box since December 2013!

It was pure luck and I'm sure he would admit that to. 

I'm pretty sure he was aiming for the goal?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Didn’t give us any credit. Said we came to defend like Watford did. Reckons they were far the better team etc, etc.

Hard to get attacks going when their players take it in turns to foul our players. Silva, Kompany, Sterling all with cynical fouls.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I suspect his game plan was wrong as he didn’t expect us to be so solid .... must have peed him off 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

What did he say? 

Basically they were by far the better team and deserved the win. Also mentioned that we were very physical,  when infact it was Man City committing the cynical fouls. Came across as a complete bellend. Kompany on the other hand was a complete gent. 

Edited by sm1
  • Thanks 1

We dropped off a bit in the second half and I think it was probably a fair result in the end, but we made them really worry and made them work for it. We've been beaten by a one in a million strike from a player who not a single person thought had that in him and gone on to miss probably the best chance of the game from there.

We aren't there yet but we are not far away at all from being a very good side at this level. We have got to keep them together and add a quality wide man - do this and we can definitely finish in the top six.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Hard to get attacks going when their players take it in turns to foul our players. Silva, Kompany, Sterling all with cynical fouls.

Silva was pretty much like the Arsenal lad last week wasn’t it. 

The first on Tielemans against his Achilles was a real shocker. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Basically, that we were very defensive and that they were much better than us.

He's not wrong but if we weren't defensive then it would've been a massacre? It's up to teams like City to work out how to break a team who is worth a tiny fraction of theirs down. They didn't tonight, they scored with a fluky worldie.

We were fantastic tonight and were very unlucky not to get a point.