Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City post Match thread

9 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Good first half. Some decent individual displays. But Man City wore us down, started forcing errors from us and scored a brilliant goal when they needed to.

And given what Kompany has been through in his career with injuries, fair play to him. What a strike!

My only gripe. Obviously the late Nacho miss. I seriously believe there was something in his head that told him to miss that against the club that groomed him. It was so far wide to be highly suspicious.

They must have groomed him to be utter shite. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Proud of the boys did well especially in that first half just wish we were more productive in the opposition half. Kompany full of praise for us saying we’re realistically a top 6 side. 

So that's what he was saying to Tielemans at the end of the game!

• Haha 2

First half we were excellent I thought, held our own when going toe to toe.

Second half, we tired a bit but even so the only thing beating us tonight was that wonder strike. On another day, we get at least a draw if not more.

Promising signs for next season

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Highlight of the night was Brendan saying "Fvck me" when Schmeichel kicked it straight out of play. You've only had it for two months, mate.

His distribution and his command of the box at set pieces to a lesser extent continue to let him down. Look how Pep got a keeper who can play the ball well. No doubting Kasper is a great shot stopper and gives his all. If only he could sort his kicking. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I really don't agree. You close the man it means they have a space in behind especially when it's their centre half. 

A Stat I saw was kompany hasn't had a shot on target from outside the box since December 2013!

It was pure luck and I'm sure he would admit that to. 

We had 3 players in front of him, Hamza, Harry and Wilf. One should've have closed the space leaving two plus the full backs to nulify anything else. 

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We aren't. We aren't at all.

It's amazing to see how short-sighted some people are. What we're seeing now is the result of something that began right after Shakespeare was sacked and is now being brought further by Rodgers.

Just now, wokinghamfox said:

We had 3 players in front of him, Hamza, Harry and Wilf. One should've have closed the space leaving two plus the full backs to nulify anything else. 

Realistically it’s Hamza’s job. The other two cover sterling, Hamza was just marking space, but at the same time he’s gambled on him fluffing his shot, playing the percentages and it hasn’t paid off on this occasion. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

So that's what he was saying to Tielemans at the end of the game!

Kompany was very complimentary about us and basically said we are a top 6 side.  He was certainly more positive about us then Pep. What a mardy cvnt. 

35 minutes ago, Langston said:

Wouldn't say we deserved anything, I think you're stretching it there for the sake of a few rep points. We defended well, can't legislate for a goal like that, Kelechi needs binning ASAP. Crap footballer. 

Nah, not having that. 

They are excellent and if we'd have closed down kompany and and nachos 'shot' fell to anyone else it wouldn't have even been a shithousing win imo. 

It would have been excellent defending and goalkeeping and taking the chance we deserved to create. 

Hate to see vardy back for corners though. He'd have had them on toast in a foot race and we'd have had an outlet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wokinghamfox said:

No, The one who should have closed him down was Vardy. In that type of a game the forward has to make sure a CB doesn't do what Kompany done tonight.

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Realistically it’s Hamza’s job. The other two cover sterling, Hamza was just marking space, but at the same time he’s gambled on him fluffing his shot, playing the percentages and it hasn’t paid off on this occasion. 

I thought the same, but realistically we all expected him to sky it.  Hamza learned a tough lesson, expect the unexpected.