Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He came on against Palace and took it from a meh 1-0 to a comfortable 3-0.... then he disappears and we’re less creative and a bit shit for two games. Comes back tonight and yet again we’re creating chances left right and centre

That's not exactly true is it. He came on against Arsenal, created nothing and displayed the touch of Epstein. And in the Bournemouth game we created plenty of chances first half but couldn't put them away, a situation Barnes is unlikely to improve given his pretty woeful finishing over the last year and a half.

Just needs to become more clinical in front of goal. It's a process and I'm sure he'll get there. He's got the knack of being in the right place at the right time. That's the harder trait. Does seem to ease out of 50/50s a little too much for my liking but we've got a real player here. Let's not drive this one out eh??

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..do you really see him as a winger?

I think he will be better in a free role, a more central position linking with the forwards is more suitable as against coming off the wing.

Not necessarily no, I should’ve just said attacker. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Get someone like Kevin Phillips back in to work with Barnes on his finishing

Was thinking the same. His finishing is poor and needs some experience to help his decision making. He'd be in double figures for sure

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Sadly I agree. I reckon BR was just out to justify his decision to drop Nachos at half time against Bournemouth by dropping Nachos so that he can continue to pretend he saw something to sub him against Bournemouth that none of us saw. 🤷‍♂️

Or. Maybe he got it bang on tactically and the players chosen executed our game plan. 

🤷‍♂️

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

Barnes was having a great season and was integral to getting us to the position we're in.

We really do have a lot of idiotic fans

There you go corrected it for you. 

16 hours ago, moore_94 said:

This one really annoyed me in todays game

image.png.6de28e6e8d7d6758d09147a835254a49.png

The entire left side of the goal is free and Henderson is already leaning to the right, and he still manages to hit it straight at him

The positioning of his feet are all wrong here. For what he was trying to do, he has to open up his body more to bend it in. The only thing I'll say is that how bad Henderson's positioning was, it may have put him off, with him thinking "sh*t there's a massive gap in the other corner" and it's made him get it all wrong.

Barnes reminds me of Raheem Sterling when Rodgers managed him. Had everything but finishing ability. Night and day watching Sterling finish now but he'll never be a natural finisher. Like Sterling Barnes will have to work his ass off to get to that level. Natural finishing ability is a gift. Ask Vardy.

10 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Barnes reminds me of Raheem Sterling when Rodgers managed him. Had everything but finishing ability. Night and day watching Sterling finish now but he'll never be a natural finisher. Like Sterling Barnes will have to work his ass off to get to that level. Natural finishing ability is a gift. Ask Vardy.

Good comparison, they also run similarly with jazz hands.

49 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Good comparison, they also run similarly with jazz hands.

I forgot. Learn something new every day :appl:

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting this, shows the expected goal contributions of u23 players. Barnes is positioned quite well compared to other players. Hopefully he can kick on next year.

Any idea who our unnamed mystery player over on the left is? I can only think of Tielemans who fits the age + minutes criteria but I'm sure I'm forgetting someone