Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

7 minutes ago, shade said:

thank god somebody else noticed it, I thought I was losing my mind? the commentators said nothing, he didn't appeal, var presumably didn't look at it, but I was screaming at the TV, it was an absolute stonewall penalty and possible red card, shoved in the back as he went to shoot.

really? it was a full hand extended in the back with force just as he was about to shoot, with no hope of getting anywhere near the man, watch it again if you can find it.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'd have been disappointed if it was given against us. All defenders give a little knock like that. Plus nobody appealed for it at all, including Barnes, which usually tells you something.

really? it was a full hand extended in the back with force just as he was about to shoot, with no hope of getting anywhere near the man, watch it again if you can find

7 minutes ago, shade said:

really? it was a full hand extended in the back with force just as he was about to shoot, with no hope of getting anywhere near the man, watch it again if you can find

I didn't think so at the time but may have to watch back. You maybe right. Mind you, job done today, thought we controlled the game. 

Edited by Fox92

16 minutes ago, shade said:

thank god somebody else noticed it, I thought I was losing my mind? the commentators said nothing, he didn't appeal, var presumably didn't look at it, but I was screaming at the TV, it was an absolute stonewall penalty and possible red card, shoved in the back as he went to shoot.

That’s a penalty all day long, my issue with this Leicester side is we have a soft underbelly, Barnes should’ve gone mental, and forced the ref to go to Var.

1 minute ago, dayday said:

That’s a penalty all day long, my issue with this Leicester side is we have a soft underbelly, Barnes should’ve gone mental, and forced the ref to go to Var.

We're too sporting, more bastardry needed

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dayday said:

yeah definitely, I genuinely couldn't believe he didn't get up making the square haha

If his finishing was similar to Rashfords, he would be at the airport now awaiting for a flight to Manchester.  Needs FT to get off his back.  He will come good for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shade said:

I couldnt believe what i saw either. It was almost weird that nothing was said by the commentators and surely the ref saw it. It was the clearest penalty i have ever seen.

Edited by wokinghamfox

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

He's so good at getting into good positions.

Please work on your finishing, Harvey!

Don't think it's bad at all, you do see some forwards missing the target from the opportunities he had today (such as Joelinton, etc) - his achilles heel is that he almost always shoots directly at the goalkeeper.

If he analyses his finishing performances and realise he would've scored these opportunities if he just puts it in the corner - this club would have a superb player in their hands (which he is, actually, with his bursting runs and great positioning in dangerous areas).

• Like 3

Just now, Wymsey said:

Don't think it's bad at all, you do see some forwards missing the target from the opportunities he had today (such as Joelinton, etc) - his achilles heel is that he almost always shoots directly at the goalkeeper.

If he analyses his finishing performances and realise he would've scored these opportunities if he just puts it in the corner - this club would have a superb player in their hands (which he is, actually, with his bursting runs and great positioning in dangerous areas).

I think he’s trying to force it too much. He is excellent at the hardest part, which is the mental ability to find the space and exploit it. He can learn to keep a cooler head and slot these chances away.

• Like 1

He’s not alert enough to the game around him. First half he was ambling into the box when a direct sprint could have given him the advantage to score. Second half his shot straight at keeper was really poor. And his silly offside run when JV was ready to pass was really bad. Just seems to lack focus at key times 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Got to improve his finishing next season, he could have had double his goals this season if he could shoot either side of the keeper.

This one really annoyed me in todays game

image.png.6de28e6e8d7d6758d09147a835254a49.png

The entire left side of the goal is free and Henderson is already leaning to the right, and he still manages to hit it straight at him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

If this lad can truly believe in himself that he can be the real deal (which we all know he can be) then he could be class. Got all the talent to be one of the best wingers in the prem. 

..do you really see him as a winger?

I think he will be better in a free role, a more central position linking with the forwards is more suitable as against coming off the wing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FLAN said:

He’s not alert enough to the game around him. First half he was ambling into the box when a direct sprint could have given him the advantage to score. Second half his shot straight at keeper was really poor. And his silly offside run when JV was ready to pass was really bad. Just seems to lack focus at key times 

I am a massive Barnes fan but I agree he was poor in the above moments. He was OK overall but he should have put one of his chances away. He should have also squared one of them to Perez who would have had an easy tap-in. Re his silly offside run, I was more disappointed at him afterwards - Jamie has not passed yet so he should have quickly gotten back onside and make another run instead of just throwing his hands up; on the other hand Jamie kept going and found Tielemans.

Seems to me he is still developing his game composure and maturity. I believe he can get there but some coaching is needed.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2