Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

I think back to watching deadline day on Sky and there's always that one team that pulls off 2-4 insane transfers in one afternoon and I always think 'one day, this should be us'. Like last year Everton were pulling players out of thin air.

Is it our year?

9 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I think back to watching deadline day on Sky and there's always that one team that pulls off 2-4 insane transfers in one afternoon and I always think 'one day, this should be us'. Like last year Everton were pulling players out of thin air.

Is it our year?

You make that sound like a good thing when really its not

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Is it our year?

I hope not, sooner we complete our deals the better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

If we don't get a winger I'll be annoyed. 

What if the quality winger we crave doesn't become available until next summer?  Do we buy a makeshift one or wait it out?  Similar scenario with the centre back really.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Then I don't think we have enough in attack to push the top 6 personally (if that is the club's aim this season)

Perez scored 13 goals last season, not many wingers in the PL bettered that. Also we are all eagerly awaiting Barnes to kick on next season. I would like us to go and get a real top drawer winger but I think we do need to acknowledge what Perez's position will be here and that's wide right. 

I think we'll get another attacking midfielder though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Absolute must for me. Gray ghezzal and albrighton are simply not good enough if we have top 6 aspirations.

Albrighton was terrible last time we pushed for the top 6 of course :teehee:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Then I don't think we have enough in attack to push the top 6 personally (if that is the club's aim this season)

Perez can get double figures, Maddison and Tielemans could both get close, Vardy could get 20. As we saw in 15/16, Albrighton is good enough and can put in decent numbers, not huge numbers but so long as the others contribute it’s enough. We have more fire power than then.

Just can’t see us bumping Albrighton to 3rd choice, Barnes to 4th and Gray to

5th.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Perez scored 13 goals last season, not many wingers in the PL bettered that. Also we are all eagerly awaiting Barnes to kick on next season. I would like us to go and get a real top drawer winger but I think we do need to acknowledge what Perez's position will be here and that's wide right. 

I think we'll get another attacking midfielder though.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Perez can get double figures, Maddison and Tielemans could both get close, Vardy could get 20. As we saw in 15/16, Albrighton is good enough and can put in decent numbers, not huge numbers but so long as the others contribute it’s enough. We have more fire power than then.

Just can’t see us bumping Albrighton to 3rd choice, Barnes to 4th and Gray to

5th.

Hope you're right chaps 

1 hour ago, srex9 said:

Disagree regarding Albrighton. He's already won the league and is so consistent. I'd have him in the match day squad regardless. Workhorse and so very underrated.

What does he do?

If he starts on the right he only ever gets the ball about 40 yards from goal and is constantly chipping shit balls down the channel towards Vardy.

If he starts on the left he fannies about with Chilwell until he gets the ball on the corner of the box and does that trademark 'nobody's in the box but I'm going to send a massive floated cross in anyway' thing he's done for 5 years here.

Two goals a season and half a dozen assists is bloody woeful for a team that most of this forum thinks can get into the top 6.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

The original poster has a very valid point. 

Albrighton, Gray and Ghezzal are not good enough. 

Albrighton stats for goals and assists are awful. He works brilliantly hard but other than that he doesnt offer alot. 

P.s. He has scored some vital goals for us which I'm sure we appreciate but if you look at the stats on the whole then No, it's not good enough unfortunately. 

Have you heard anymore about Ferran Torres? I really really want us to sign him!!!!