Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

Fair play to Gray he's really grabbing this opportunity, but we shouldn't be surprised, we signed him because he was a very good prospect. I always thought he needed a good run in the team to realise his potential, yet every time he did have a run he was erratic at best utter garbage at worst. One thing we never did was start the season with Gray as part of the first XI. Maybe the confidence shown in him by Benitez has given him the belief to play without fear and really go for it. Or he will revert to type in a few games fade away and just become the no-impact sub he became here.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Thought this thread was worth a bump due to the amount of revisionism going on. With some people blaming the management/club for him going. 

You won't find a single Leicester fan in this thread saying we should try and keep him. You will find plenty like some of those quoted saying the opposite. 

To the lads I've quoted I'm not trying to make you look silly or even imply that you have been proved wrong after just 4 games.you were well within your rights to be dissapointed after 5 years of unfulfilled potential. 

It's more a dig at you more the ones moaning about selling him now. how can the club and management can get blamed for a decision that literally not a single supporter was against at the time?

lol..You mean LFC operates based on foxestalk sentiment? .. really?

I bashed him a few times (though in my largely balanced way) and there's no way a good start to life at Everton changes anything about his below average 5 years here. Whatever the reason he did never and was never going to succeed here. The fact we have a terrible right winger now doesn't suddunely make demari gray the answers to all our problems. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Captain... said:

Fair play to Gray he's really grabbing this opportunity, but we shouldn't be surprised, we signed him because he was a very good prospect. I always thought he needed a good run in the team to realise his potential, yet every time he did have a run he was erratic at best utter garbage at worst. One thing we never did was start the season with Gray as part of the first XI. Maybe the confidence shown in him by Benitez has given him the belief to play without fear and really go for it. Or he will revert to type in a few games fade away and just become the no-impact sub he became here.

That lads not fading away anywhere ! 

sancho was 80m and Gray bossed his performance this weekend ! 

it’s clear all he needed was belief from coaches and the confidence to go and play, He is only 25 the world at his feet and will be in the England team by the summer, it didn’t work out for him here but that wasn’t just his fault ……  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, FLAN said:

Let’s see if he maintains this form. Good luck to him if he does. Not sure why he couldn’t do it here under 4 different managers or in Germany. I still wouldn’t want him here 

Puel believed in him - remember he told him he could do vardys job!

brendan brought him back down to earth.  Harvey was playing in dimi’s preferred position. we kept buying options for the right wing. it’s not a surprise that the player felt he needed to leave. his mindset wasn’t right as a consequence of this aswell. Remember he became a new father in that period too. 

he decided he wanted to be a starter rather than a squad player.  He wants to play inverted left wing. We didn’t have a space for a starter in that area. he left.  THE END 

• Like 1