Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

1 hour ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Was he ever believed in here ? When did we ever give him that much game time, it’s clear he wasn’t crap at all ! 

we let a 50m footballer walk our the door for Perez  

We believed in him enough to buy him. Its his job to convince us, not the other way round. 

Just now, Webbo said:

We believed in him enough to buy him. Its his job to convince us, not the other way round. 

Sorry Webbo with the greatest respect old ways are not the new world, players like Gray need to be loved and pampered they need to be believed in and given game time otherwise their heads go …. It wasn’t ever happening here for him that’s clear but that doesn’t mean we can’t learn some lessons from this, I’m delighted for him the kid nearly decapitated himself when we won the league but I always believed there was a special player in there, and his performances for Everton show he is special, let’s see how he copes when things are tough in deep winter 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Was he ever believed in here ? When did we ever give him that much game time, it’s clear he wasn’t crap at all ! 

we let a 50m footballer walk our the door for Perez  

Scores 3 goals and becomes a £50 million pound player. 😂 

When it’s is four different managers he fails to thrive under and then he moves away and gets sold for peanuts 6 months later, you begin to build a picture.

He always has skill, he’s not a terrible player, but his work rate is shocking - maybe, he’s got to 25, matured and realised he needs to put the effort in to fulfil his potential.

In which case, he will be a very good premier league player. But Everton is his ceiling, he will never be a £50 million player and will not be playing for England regularly at any stage.

Definitely not as bad as some make out, but don’t forget when given the opportunity he had some absolutely stinking games for us, way worse than Perez.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Scores 3 goals and becomes a £50 million pound player. 😂 

When it’s is four different managers he fails to thrive under and then he moves away and gets sold for peanuts 6 months later, you begin to build a picture.

He always has skill, he’s not a terrible player, but his work rate is shocking - maybe, he’s got to 25, matured and realised he needs to put the effort in to fulfil his potential.

In which case, he will be a very good premier league player. But Everton is his ceiling, he will never be a £50 million player and will not be playing for England regularly at any stage.

Definitely not as bad as some make out, but don’t forget when given the opportunity he had some absolutely stinking games for us, way worse than Perez.

At the moment you are correct

but let’s check back in around next June 

I have a sneaky feeling the lad will be come a star 

37 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Sorry Webbo with the greatest respect old ways are not the new world, players like Gray need to be loved and pampered they need to be believed in and given game time otherwise their heads go …. It wasn’t ever happening here for him that’s clear but that doesn’t mean we can’t learn some lessons from this, I’m delighted for him the kid nearly decapitated himself when we won the league but I always believed there was a special player in there, and his performances for Everton show he is special, let’s see how he copes when things are tough in deep winter 

It's been four games, we had all of this when he went to Germany, did well for 2.5 games and then did nothing. 

The lad probably started 60-70 games here, including cups. Had god knows how many chances to impress off the bench and had 4 managers to impress, who like playing young players and he didn't. 

People whine about giving players game time when they aren't playing very well, but it seems we're meant to make an exception for Gray?

• Like 4

I believe we need to re-think what really happened behind the curtain regarding  to some of our ex players. 

Gray, Under and Praet are doing wonders for their team while we are still taking about football credibility of Ayoze and Madison at the moment.

No individual higher than club and BR never clearly explained why he was stubbornly insist on Perez and Madders ( even clearly when they were/are out of form) and sacrificed Grey, Under and Praet expense of those two.

I still haven't seen or read any detailed explanation for that decisions.

I believe that this season BR's coaching ability will be put to the serious test.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I believe we need to re-think what really happened behind the curtain regarding  to some of our ex players. 

Gray, Under and Praet are doing wonders for their team while we are still taking about football credibility of Ayoze and Madison at the moment.

No individual higher than club and BR never clearly explained why he was stubbornly insist on Perez and Madders ( even clearly when they were/are out of form) and sacrificed Grey, Under and Praet expense of those two.

I believe that this season BR's coaching ability will be put to the serious test.

Under is doing it in a farmer's league.

As for the others, 'doing wonders' is hyperbole and based on a handful of games.

Rodgers has his faults and limitations but you seem to have this weird agenda where he is concerned.

• Like 1

Had he played less than a handful of games for us and was then shoved aside I'd understand where people were coming from, but he was given ample opportunity by numerous managers who all eventually gave up on him. I think the only one that really rated him was perhaps Puel, simply based on when he preferred him to Vardy. 

It's also just how football works. There are countless examples of players finding their feet after years of doing nothing elsewhere or their form falling off a cliff after a move, and plenty of players who started a season like a rocket and fading to obscurity. Outside of collecting players so they can't succeed elsewhere, ala Chelsea, there's not a great deal one can do about it. 

Remains to be seen whether he's going to be the next Kevin de Bruyne or the next Paul Warhurst. 

5 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

As much as I felt we didn't use Praet enough, he's not even played for Torino yet.

• Like 1

Any comments about Gray's development at Everton are largely pointless at this stage. When he signed for them, I said that Benitez might be the making of him - he's known as a one-on-one coach, and maybe that's what Gray needs. But for the moment, it has to be a case of wait and see. I hope Gray does well at Everton (except when they play us!) because I reckon he has genuine talent and I'd hate see that go to waste, as it has for so many players.

20 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Thought this thread was worth a bump due to the amount of revisionism going on. With some people blaming the management/club for him going. 

You won't find a single Leicester fan in this thread saying we should try and keep him. You will find plenty like some of those quoted saying the opposite. 

To the lads I've quoted I'm not trying to make you look silly or even imply that you have been proved wrong after just 4 games.you were well within your rights to be dissapointed after 5 years of unfulfilled potential. 

It's more a dig at you more the ones moaning about selling him now. how can the club and management can get blamed for a decision that literally not a single supporter was against at the time?

Am I supposed to apologise for his performances resembling something I would scrap from my shoe than a top class footballer at the time?

25 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Did you read my post? 

Well... you quoted me.

So, I have said twice that I will never bad mouth named players again.

One was Leo before THAT penalty

The second was Nacho in the QF last year.

I never ever felt that Gray made me feel the same way.

Ps... sorry my drugs aren't working today. I dod actually see you weren't criticising me!

Edited by filthyfox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

Any comments about Gray's development at Everton are largely pointless at this stage. When he signed for them, I said that Benitez might be the making of him - he's known as a one-on-one coach, and maybe that's what Gray needs. But for the moment, it has to be a case of wait and see. I hope Gray does well at Everton (except when they play us!) because I reckon he has genuine talent and I'd hate see that go to waste, as it has for so many players.

This is Foxestalk.

You get 20 minutes to define your career if you come to Leicester, So it’s only fair you get the same time when you leave..