Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cambridge - Match Thread - 23/07/19 (Friendly)

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Soyuncu looking very comfortable tonight, didn't put a foot wrong

Also have to say that Silva looked good in the deeper role, just getting the ball and getting it out wide or forward, IF he stays, could be a suitable player to replace Ndidi in the line up against weaker sides where we don't need a "destroyer", and just need someone to recycle the ball

Agreed on Soyuncu. The second paragraph I agree with too, but basically that's the argument I've seen made for Mendy, so perhaps if he departs that opens up a spot for Silva.

• Like 2

Just now, goose2010 said:

Don't get this comment. He can only play against the teams in front of him. 

He played well maybe just maybe give him a chance? You never know a bit of positivity in your life might be nice. 

Its not about positivity its about ability and he isnt good enough for premier league, thats fact. Feeling very positive about our chances this season and would love to be proved wrong where Ghezzal is concerned but somehow I dont think that he will get the chance. 

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

The more i watch these pre season games the more i think weve got our fixtures spot on.

11 men behind the ball, plenty of practice at breaking down desperate definding bu numbers.

Hope the glamour tie tests our defence though. Dont want another opener like bolton at home ?

True. I'm so glad we're not dicking about in China.

• Like 3

An organised team approach.  It was quite clear what we were doing at all times.  A touch of brilliance here and there and a cutting edge up front putting some of those chances away and hopefully we can start beating 10 men teams behind the ball at home this season and close the gap to 6th.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

The more i watch these pre season games the more i think weve got our fixtures spot on.

11 men behind the ball, plenty of practice at breaking down desperate definding bu numbers.

Hope the glamour tie tests our defence though. Dont want another opener like bolton at home ?

I agree with you, I think this has been intentional and I love it! It's been our biggest weakness, so let's tackle it right away, and build up the quality of opposition game after game. Again i think it's great coaching! :brendan_still:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Its not about positivity its about ability and he isnt good enough for premier league, thats fact. Feeling very positive about our chances this season and would love to be proved wrong where Ghezzal is concerned but somehow I dont think that he will get the chance. 

How do you know he hasn't got the ability? Players take time to adapt to new leagues and it's not like he got a massive amount of chances and the ones he did he never really got a run on games. It's great to see a player put in the effort in pre season and give a Manger a headache when it comes to picking a team. But yeah I get it it's cool not to like him so probably best you don't. 

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 4

Very pleased Nacho got a goal... he seemed to enjoy it, as well as showing a bit of new confidence with his dribble and shot (hitting the post) very soon afterwards... hope he can become what we hoped for, although no one can take a preseason match against lower league opposition as a marker for the season ahead...

21 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Don't get this comment. He can only play against the teams in front of him. 

He played well maybe just maybe give him a chance? You never know a bit of positivity in your life might be nice. 

I don't know. The poster is probably basing their opinion more on the dozen or so games Silva had played against EPL opposition than on this single friendly against Cambridge. In those games he's looked slight and a little off-pace. Plus the previous manager didn't fancy him, the current manager appears willing to off-load him and keen to look for alternatives, and on top of that the guy is over 30, and unlikely to improve a great deal.

Of course there's a chance out there that Silva will go on to play a decent role for Leicester, or at very least that he could, potentially, fulfil a purpose for us. But I totally understand why someone would have their doubts.