Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

1 minute ago, J.Lisemore said:

And yet most people were adamant we needed a new centre half.. glad we gave him a chance, he will make mistakes but we need to stick with him. 

Cause those people don't have a clue about how football is played these days.They're either stuck in the 70s, only believe what the media tells them to believe or think Fifa has given them Godlike footballing knowledge.

They don't actually watch a player, try to see the qualities possessed by the player and then form their own original opinion, that's not based on sensationalism from someone else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thought he had a great game sold himself a couple of times but overall was solid. Two shoulder barges too knock him off the ball and twice he came away with it, think he will get better & better as the season goes on. Evans looked good as well 3 million is daylight robbery in this market.

Edited by smitha
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Waiting for the train now so a bit more time to type. As others have said he’s surprisingly fast - faster than Maguire was and Evans is. For some reason we decided to play a suicidal high line at the start of the second half and Soyuncu bailed us out on more than one occasion. That could end up being a big addition for the team. 

I also liked that he was able to deal with the physical side of the game. Jimenez is a man mountain who is strong, quick and can finish but Soyuncu won his duels for the most part. I also loved that moment when he literally cleared the stands with a no nonsense clearance! That made me chuckle. He obviously isn’t as dominant aerially as Maguire but is not weak in that area. 

His distribution was very good too. No Maguire style striding out with the ball but after he won it he typically played a progressive pass to get the team on its way. 

Overall very good. I’m sure he’ll have good and bad games but this guy 110% deserves his chance to stake his claim for first choice CB. He’s got the attributes needed to make it in the Premier League. 

Spot on for me. 

He had almost a complete performance; was strong in the air, quick off the mark and wasn't a push over by any means.

Minus the clearing the stadium; when he completely wiped out Jimenez was a highlight for me 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lcfcbobby said:

Solid performance today can only get better with game time shame its taken soo long for him to get the chance just hope Morgan don't get any games! Don't know why we offered him a new contract!

No critic in Big WES. but

If he doenst get a look in... Youth & Form are Keeping him out..!!!  Thats a Good thing...

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's definitely worked on jumping in on tackles. A few times last season he'd have dived in or committed, but on the occasions today he stood his ground and looked a lot more aware 

Do you think that is a positive result of working with Kolo Toure ?