Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The club wanted another so they were clearly content with that... we have like 10 cm’s or something, so I’m sure we can handle 5 centre backs. One being in his last year.

The 10 CMS are covering all positions,so we are one short..:whistle:

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I remember thinking that was impressive watching it in real time, but jesus that is incredible defending. Not just to get back to make the tackle, but then the way he calmly wins it back and plays it out.

You can see why we brought him. There are very few defenders in the world capable of that. Can he do it consistently? If so he's going to be another one that is well sought after.

There was huge hype about him several months before we signed him and it felt bizarre how mediocre his first year has been with us. Yesterday showed what all the fuss is about, he could be box office. We will be ok at the back with him and Evans, especially with Benkovic as well. Nowt to worry about. Let's panic about wingers instead!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I remember thinking that was impressive watching it in real time, but jesus that is incredible defending. Not just to get back to make the tackle, but then the way he calmly wins it back and plays it out.

You can see why we brought him. There are very few defenders in the world capable of that. Can he do it consistently? If so he's going to be another one that is well sought after.

“Tackle” “wins the ball back”... their player fell over his own feet, he didn’t have to do anything once he’d got back :D

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

The club wanted another so they were clearly content with that... we have like 10 cm’s or something, so I’m sure we can handle 5 centre backs. One being in his last year.

True, happy for the time being that we’ve kept what we’ve got though, re-assess in January. Hopefully we stay injury free. Same goes for Vardy, but at least we have Perez to fill that gap now if needed. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

There was huge hype about him several months before we signed him and it felt bizarre how mediocre his first year has been with us. Yesterday showed what all the fuss is about, he could be box office. We will be ok at the back with him and Evans, especially with Benkovic as well. Nowt to worry about. Let's panic about wingers instead!

His calmness is key. Sometime a bit too casual but his pace often saves him. Eventually he and Benko will be the centre halves. He will take the ball anywhere too, always happy to receive it, even under pressure. I’ve always liked him, I’ll maintain that he’s the Turkish Puyol. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

His calmness is key. Sometime a bit too casual but his pace often saves him. Eventually he and Benko will be the centre halves. He will take the ball anywhere too, always happy to receive it, even under pressure. I’ve always liked him, I’ll maintain that he’s the Turkish Puyol. 

Are we talking about Soyuncu? 

His biggest complaints in his previous games has been the complete opposite. He's been too quick to jump in and too rash at times rather than too casual.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

“Tackle” “wins the ball back”... their player fell over his own feet, he didn’t have to do anything once he’d got back :D

Probably the Tracking back knackered him..und thought

"phew Thank fk for that,this is an easy game...Run like the clappers,say boo,and they all fall down"...:crylaugh:

Mind you he was some pace...or longer legs!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

His sheer presence made the lad shit himself and just give the ball to him! 

• Haha 1

On 09/08/2019 at 14:53, STUHILL said:

Or maybe we just weren't going to get bullied into selling Maguire on the cheap or massively overpay for players like Ake or Tarkowski. £80 million for Maguire is crazy! He wasn't even our best CB last season.

Man U have set a precedent yet again and paying £80m for Maguire and £50m for Wan Bissaka, means they are unlikely to pick up any future (decent) players for anything close to resembling good value! We did right not to spend well over £50m on a CB and also did well not to just buy a squad filler for the sake of it, when we have a recent history of backing our talented younger players to deliver AND doing pretty damn well out of it. Most see us as having one of the most exciting, young squads in the Premier League. All thanks to Puel/Rodgers and identifying but more importantly, giving young players a fair chance.

Highly rated Soyuncu and Benkovic were bought to cover the potential late deal for Maguire being done last season and as others have said, if we had signed both in this window, we would be rather excited I think. I think both have potential to fill the loss of Maguire, especially alongside our best CB last season in Evans. 

I would have of course liked a couple more top players, but I'm also glad we are not forgetting that keeping faith in talented youngsters, can reap huge benefits e.g Chilwell

It is called inflation, what was you expecting? maybe we sell maguire for 80m and then buy ade for 10m?

It would be either we sell maguire for 50m and we buy ade for something like 30-50m, or sell maguire for 80m and then buy ade for 60-80m, especially during the last week of the window.  Bournemouth are another well run club, and rightly so would want that price.  If rudkin thought otherwise then he is an idiot, but I dont think rudkin is an idiot, I think he knew we would be quoted high values, we back down, and the club end up keeping the money which was probably the plan all along to fit in with previous season of a low net expenditure.

Also to say we didnt get bullied when we sold in the last week is some statement.  Not getting bullied is keeping the player.

It is a bit like when the school bullies come to you for your dinner money, but you manage to hold onto it just before 3pm, and then trying to consider that as some kind of achievement.

Maguire is MOTM in their first game, in a year's time he will be hailed as an awesome buy and be rated higher than 100m. 

These are the prices for ball playing proven defenders now, its normal, not crazy.

Next year we will sell chilwell or maddison for 100-120m, and you will be posting the same again, "take it, its crazy".

8 hours ago, murphy said:

Not so long ago, the understudy that would have come into the team looked like this:

585632175_download(1).jpeg.7cc94c4451c5f45e4e15479d13ab3ed4.jpeg

We will be fine with Soyuncu.

Yeah and everyone said how great he was.... turned out to be a mess of a player. People need to calm it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah and everyone said how great he was.... turned out to be a mess of a player. People need to calm it. 

did they tho?

but you could see from his first appearance that Benny was a bit rash and that,

only a run of games will tell how good(or not) CS will be but the signs are there he should do well for us

46 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

did they tho?

but you could see from his first appearance that Benny was a bit rash and that,

only a run of games will tell how good(or not) CS will be but the signs are there he should do well for us

Yes, they did.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

9 hours ago, murphy said:

Not so long ago, the understudy that would have come into the team looked like this:

585632175_download(1).jpeg.7cc94c4451c5f45e4e15479d13ab3ed4.jpeg

We will be fine with Soyuncu.

It’s incredible to think we won the league with benny and was as our back up centre halves !!!

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s incredible to think we won the league with benny and was as our back up centre halves !!!

Thank god we didn't ask Wes and Huth to run about, so they didn't get injured. 

37 minutes ago, Swalshed said:

Surely, this is the song for Cags....?

“Cag-lar, Soyuncu,

we really love the things that you do,

great skills and a mad hairdo,

no one beats our Soyuncu”

🤣🤣

Your scansion could be bit better on the last line by using nobody. 😂😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Your scansion could be bit better on the last line by using nobody. 😂😉

• Thanks Cadno'r. A couple of other improvements too....

• "OOOH, OOOH, Soyuncu,

we really love the things that you do,

CRUYFF TURNS and a mad hairdo,

NOBODY beats our Soyuncu"

•  
  • Like 3