Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’d still rather we had 5. One injury to the starting pair and and we are in down to relying on crocks and old players.

He’s shown he had talent in the past, but he’s also shown he’s capable of a **** up. I think we should hold off declaring him the second coming.

Agree. But Wes and Harry also committed fuch-ups, So in the spirit of being fair and all that, best not to single our Cags as being any different from anybody else in our squad. 

DMC.JPG

Edited by mozartfox

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

I asked the coach, what he wanted to see
He said don’t show me Dunk or Tarkowski

I want a guy, who’s a concrete block
But one who’s faster than a rock

Brendan, you can play Chaglar
Yes, he’s gonna be a star
Got feet that aren’t stuck in tar
Farquaad we love you

Beep beep m beep beep,  yeah!

I told the coach that the Turk was smack
Mags ain’t the only boat-size hat on the rack
Playing the Slabhead was all very fine
But Soy can show you a better time

Brendan, you can play Chaglar
Yes, he’s gonna be a star
Jawbone bigger than a car
Farquaad we love you

Beep beep m beep beep,  yeah!

DMC.JPG.aa4f559cd1bc738dfc15f2c724848a22.JPG

That’s not a football chant. Literally need the first two lines of the “chorus” and that will do just fine.

like the wake me up one but would be nice if he could have one of his own instead one of us being desperate about him being good enough to fill Magiures boots. 

Very Solid performance today and if he carries on like that we will do well this year as surely that attacking line up can’t miss fire like that too often. Evans was equally as good.

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

That’s not a football chant. Literally need the first two lines of the “chorus” and that will do just fine.

like the wake me up one but would be nice if he could have one of his own instead one of us being desperate about him being good enough to fill Magiures boots. 

Very Solid performance today and if he carries on like that we will do well this year as surely that attacking line up can’t miss fire like that too often. Evans was equally as good.

true point ... was offered for a laugh.  Not only way too many words ... but I can't imagine the KP managing a tune that's 2 bars silent after every 2 bars singing.  Pile-up on the highway by the third line?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LC/FC said:

Cause those people don't have a clue about how football is played these days.They're either stuck in the 70s, only believe what the media tells them to believe or think Fifa has given them Godlike footballing knowledge.

They don't actually watch a player, try to see the qualities possessed by the player and then form their own original opinion, that's not based on sensationalism from someone else. 

Agree that plenty of that goes on these days, but I think people had justifiable concerns about Soyuncu- he's never looked totally assured playing for us previously, lacking a bit of composure and seemed a bit edgy.

He was brilliant today though, long may that continue.

Whilst Soyuncu was brilliant, I think he's a player that will always make my arse twitch.

A bit like Kasper - We know he's brilliant but I get a turtle head every time he goes to use his feet.

Soyuncu reminds me of the kid at school who really doesn't even like football and has two left feet and a bocky eye - yet is absolutely impossible to get around and is an absolute rock.

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Agree that plenty of that goes on these days, but I think people had justifiable concerns about Soyuncu- he's never looked totally assured playing for us previously, lacking a bit of composure and seemed a bit edgy.

He was brilliant today though, long may that continue.

But it's the pointless and unhelpful random comments that people are espousing, without reasonable context, that is depressing. 

The lad is 23 and has had less than 10 games in the Premier League and people wrote him off. There is a huge detachment of sense in todays world. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

But it's the pointless and unhelpful random comments that people are espousing, without reasonable context, that is depressing. 

The lad is 23 and has had less than 10 games in the Premier League and people wrote him off. There is a huge detachment of sense in todays world. 

Anyone who wrote him off is a fool. I had doubts over whether he's ready yet, but he did well today.

11 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

This is the thing, he's played 6 prem games mixed with different defensive partners, so potentially 1 or 2 games with Evans. Yet he played as if hed been in the Prem for a long while. That lad has talent and I really think we'll see that this year.

Great performance from him.

Really impressive today and not had it easy with big shoes to fill. Last season he was only ever a fill in until HM and JE were fit, hard to try and go out and really impress knowing you will be replaced anyway. The guy needs game time for the experience and the only way to get that is to play. HM had a mistake in him let us not forget that.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

This is the thing, he's played 6 prem games mixed with different defensive partners, so potentially 1 or 2 games with Evans. Yet he played as if hed been in the Prem for a long while. That lad has talent and I really think we'll see that this year.

He has played over 40 games in the Bundesliga, so it's not as if he doesn't have experience with top flight football, even if it isn't ours. 

And you're right about last year being a bit of a mixed bag, and that's what I mean lack of sense because the context hadn't been added by some people. You've processed things rationally and put into context the fact that mainly he was cover for Maguire or Evans if they were out or injured, had just over a handful of games in that respect, and I wish more people would look at that as well and see that he hasn't really had that much of a chance until Maguire left and now he's got the time to make the spot his own. His pace is fuching amazing but it's coupled with this talent to try and intercept. It's not fully working yet or needs fine tuning to the English football. But he is a talent. 

36 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Exactly. Today was only his 2nd start alongside Evans (other game was Southampton H League Cup)

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

I’d still rather we had 5. One injury to the starting pair and and we are in down to relying on crocks and old players.

He’s shown he had talent in the past, but he’s also shown he’s capable of a **** up. I think we should hold off declaring him the second coming.

Can't think of many CBs in world football who aren't capable of a **** up, particularly before they get a run in the side. If they've got something about them, a run in the side will settle them down and cut out those mistakes and I am hopeful that's the case with Chaggy.

Stepped into Maguire's shoes very well today. First half he got spun too easily by Jota and early second half Jimenez had a bit too clear a path on goal, but other than that he was pretty commanding and aggressive, which I like in a CB.