Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

lollollollollol

Oh my god! This is incredible! Everyone get on the retweet bandwagon, this is absolutely inspired!

That's awesome if they have him a round of applause as it was thoroughly deserved and that suggests we have a very good atmosphere in the camp. I have to say a big well done to the crowd today also, as they got behind Soyuncu early doors, and were giving him rapturous applause even when he made a very minor tackle or interception. It worked! You could see his confidence visibly increasing as the game went on. Honestly if you were a scout at the game, you would put a dot next to Soyuncu's name and mark it as "one to follow up on."

I'd like to stress that this shows the importance of getting behind your team! Listen there are players at this club who have had ample opportunities to prove themselves but have failed time and time again. But a number of players; Evans, Ricardo, Maddison (to some extent), Barnes, Hamza and now Soyuncu have come through rough starts to be important players for the squad and / or first team. I hope to see the same treatment given to Benkovic and Praet when they play for us too! 

I’m sure they knew the extra pressure he was under stepping in for Harry, the performance and his team mates rallying around him can only be positive.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wizerud said:

Going well ,then this last Comment I find always strange...even from Forum posters...

He is not perfect, nor even close. There were two or three times that he got too close to his man and was either turned or forced to commit a foul. Over-committing like that will cost Leicester against better teams. But he’s also taking his first test flights out of the nest. Improvement comes with experience. The lack of back-up options behind him mean that Soyuncu will be given the chance to succeed or fail. On this evidence, they’ll sell him to a financial behemoth next summer. Probably.

All CBs get turned and often commit fouls...Its the Nature of the game , Lack of Back-up options !!! :dunno:  also untrue...

Deserved the plaudits,liked that he got the support,also within the team,both like I suggested......and Why I created topic!!!

Bit now....He will be judged over several more  games,und will still Need patience.... Now normality has to Step in...he is Now just One of the. Boys who Turns up to the PL grind... 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

:ph34r:

What site is that from? i'd be interested in the comparison between Evans and Maguire.

Despite the result Utd were on the back foot for a lot of the game so it is not a surprise to see Maguire's defensive stats for blocks and clearances were better as he had a lot more to do. Wolves on the other hand were very organised but didn't really get forward in great numbers. We had a lot more of the ball in our game than Utd did in theirs so it makes sense that Soyuncu's numbers are better in that department. Both played very well.

• Like 1

Solid performance left a few wolves players on their arses, only made one mistake really that could have cost us but Maguire has made a couple in the past He’s also got a bit of pace on him. 

37 games left let hope he. Continues to impress and makes himself a regular in the CB position !!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Babylon said:

I’d still rather we had 5. One injury to the starting pair and and we are in down to relying on crocks and old players.

He’s shown he had talent in the past, but he’s also shown he’s capable of a **** up. I think we should hold off declaring him the second coming.

We’ve still got Benkovic to come back and Morgan isn’t ideal but he can still do a job. Having 5 centre backs on paper is fine, but it’s keeping them happy that’s the issue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

You just can't though, it's like spitting image.

Love the name and the visual. Just not the association.

43 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I love the way he left Hamza (the holding defensive midfielder at our attacking set pieces) in his wake because he anticipated what might happen.  The after burners went on once Ricardo had lost the ball and recovered really well.

More of the same please and he will become a cult hero at Leicester for sure.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mancunianfox said:

What site is that from? i'd be interested in the comparison between Evans and Maguire.

Despite the result Utd were on the back foot for a lot of the game so it is not a surprise to see Maguire's defensive stats for blocks and clearances were better as he had a lot more to do. Wolves on the other hand were very organised but didn't really get forward in great numbers. We had a lot more of the ball in our game than Utd did in theirs so it makes sense that Soyuncu's numbers are better in that department. Both played very well.

It's just the Preier league website

Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 15.57.45.png

Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 15.57.33.png

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Early days, he is learning, so let's not hype h or put pressure on him, so far so good

Totally Agree, tho' its the  topic I started , I Wanted to see he was shown support, encoragement,and patience ,where many were would be over analysing

His game..!!

• Like 1

Jimenez was one of the top strikers in the league last year; his pace and physicality were controlled and contained well by Soyuncu. He'll have tougher tests, but it sure as hell was a great benchmark to set. 

It almost felt like a statement of his 'arrival' and that they dont need to search for a new CB.

3 hours ago, J.Lisemore said:

We’ve still got Benkovic to come back and Morgan isn’t ideal but he can still do a job. Having 5 centre backs on paper is fine, but it’s keeping them happy that’s the issue. 

The club wanted another so they were clearly content with that... we have like 10 cm’s or something, so I’m sure we can handle 5 centre backs. One being in his last year.