Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves Post Match 0-0

I'm excited about Maddison and Tielemans but boy did they have a bad game today. Although only on for thirty minutes Barnes easily outshone them. If Bren wants competition for Maddison and Tielemans then I'd currently rather have Barnes nipping at their heels than Praet: once that boy gets the confidence of a goal or two and his team mates start looking for him he'll be unstoppable.

Edited by Foxxed

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

It's the corners that really need to be worked on. 12 corners and most just flew straight over.

To be fair their team were much taller than ours. The only way we could beat them in corners is to find wilf or cags on the back post, which requires awesome accuracy.

Soyuncu MOTM. Ndidi and Pereira were good. We wouldn't have scored today even if we played for another 90 minutes & Chilwell was really poor today unfortunately.

Overall, could've lost that so I'll take a point, clean sheet and a good performance from Caglar. Let's get Barnes in the starting XI next week and see where it takes us. Plenty to be optimistic about, just need to be realistic as well though - it'll take a 3 or 4 games to get competitive match fitness back.

Also, VAR was hilarious. Wolves fans jumping around for a good minute for it then to be chalked off lol

The way the two teams were set up tactically completely cancelled each other out. Narrow 4-3-3 versus 3-5-2 meant 6 central midfielders marking each other, 3 Wolves centre backs to pick up all our forwards, and our centre backs and full backs dealing with Wolves two strikers and wing backs. No overloads anywhere, no space in the crowded middle of the park. The game only started to open up at all in the second half, when we started to push our defensive line higher and brought Barnes and Albrighton on to provide some more width up front. Guess neither manager wanted to overcommit to try and make the breakthrough, in case they got caught out at the back.

16 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Sort of game we need an alternative to Vardy. Wolves pretty much 5 at the back and there was no space for him at all, we've been saying this for two seasons now. Our only threat can't be the through ball to Vardy, especially at home. Two defensive midfielders and two narrow wide men is just wrong. Need at least one player to play wide. 

Kind of game where we need someone like Ulloa to be in the boxing getting on the end of Albrightons crosses and Maddisons corners

I would say Slimani but pretty sure his time is done here

• Like 1

Was a typical curtain raiser in all honesty. Wolves early competitive game time was clear in their approach, it was a pretty solid away performance, Boly was superb. We looked neat and tidy for the most part, but had a few lapses in concentration in the second. 

Its early days, and we spoke a fair bit on here and suggested a middle three would potentially happen, and I think it will be seen a few more time this season, I think Praet will eventually come into the middle and make up the three. Which will be a more dynamic midfield.

The attack will become sharper the more they play together. There were a few shortcomings but it is to be expected to some degree, as they aren’t too far away from being a friendly. 

In terms of personnel, back to front Chilwell wasn’t great, looked a bit short today, but it’s early days. Soyuncu did okay, will be interesting to see him up against a more clinical attack. Midfield did alright, N’didi had a decent game looks far more comfortable with Youri next to him. And Hamza didn’t really put a foot wrong. 

Attack shows flashes, but remained a bit quiet throughout. 

It was an okay performance, things will improve and it’s actually nice to see something different tried. 

Wolves did a job job today without being groundbreaking probably got what they came for, so there’s no need to any silly doom or gloom merchants to jump on their soap boxes just yet. 

Tough game against an equal opponent. Our CBs were impressive. Attacking players less so. As I've seen above, an alternative for these sorts of games is needed.

Soyuncu could be a star. Excellent t today although a couple of stand out moments came from him initially ball watching. In a nice way, glad to see Gray out the squad. Hope it gives him the required time/motivation to improve.

Lastly, love Chilly, but would Fuchs be better in games where delivery from wide is our only real chance of scoring??

Frustrating game but a point at least.  Soyuncu was immense.  Definitely my new favourite player of all time. :)

VAR is going to take some getting used to but the ball contacted the arm so definite penalty under new rules.  No one can really argue.  We shaded the game but a draw probably fair.  X

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Kind of game where we need someone like Ulloa to be in the boxing getting on the end of Albrightons crosses and Maddisons corners

I would say Slimani but pretty sure his time is done here

I don’t think a giraffe would’ve got on the end of Marc’s crosses today 

• Haha 2

Just now, Pliskin said:

Was a typical curtain raiser in all honesty. Wolves early competitive game time was clear in their approach, it was a pretty solid away performance, Boly was superb. We looked neat and tidy for the most part, but had a few lapses in concentration in the second. 

Its early days, and we spoke a fair bit on here and suggested a middle three would potentially happen, and I think it will be seen a few more time this season, I think Praet will eventually come into the middle and make up the three. Which will be a more dynamic midfield.

The attack will become sharper the more they play together. There were a few shortcomings but it is to be expected to some degree, as they aren’t too far away from being a friendly. 

In terms of personnel, back to front Chilwell wasn’t great, looked a bit short today, but it’s early days. Soyuncu did okay, will be interesting to see him up against a more clinical attack. Midfield did alright, N’didi had a decent game looks far more comfortable with Youri next to him. And Hamza didn’t really put a foot wrong. 

Attack shows flashes, but remained a bit quiet throughout. 

It was an okay performance, things will improve and it’s actually nice to see something different tried. 

Wolves did a job job today without being groundbreaking probably got what they came for, so there’s no need to any silly doom or gloom merchants to jump on their soap boxes just yet. 

Bloody hell, a well balanced, constructive post. You should be ashamed of yourself bringing this sort of stuff to FT