Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

Gray is crap. But the only defence I have for him is that out of his 168 appearance he has started 75 and came on as a sub in 93. He never got a solid run in the team whereas other players (like Chilwell) was allowed to play crap under Puel under the guide of "he's developing". 93 subs is mental tbh.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/players/?pid=1558

Perhaps Gray was destined to be an average player anyway but I do wonder if Gray was given the same patience and trust as Chilwell was given would he be a better player now? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Why even bother with the offer of a new contract (even if it's for less money)? We don't need another Matty James situation.

Matty James is a crook that nobody is willing to buy. Gray does have some monetary value. Schlupp went for £12m so Gray could easily go for £15m  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Koke said:

Matty James is a crook that nobody is willing to buy. Gray does have some monetary value. Schlupp went for £12m so Gray could easily go for £15m  

May well be, but doesn't answer the question why we are/were offering him a new contract, when he's seemingly not in our plans.

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

May well be, but doesn't answer the question why we are/were offering him a new contract, when he's seemingly not in our plans.

I'm guessing so we can get a fee for him instead of losing him on a free transfer. The club should have accepted whatever Bournemouth offered few years back tbh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

He was in our plans as an impact sub, but he’s not interested

In 11 PL games this season (990+ minutes) while he's under contract, he's yet to play a minute. Exactly what "impact" is he being planned for?

Edited by NaijaFox

I really do not get the hatred for him on here, I really find it quite depressing that one of our players is abused in this way. Of course this follows on from Chilwell who got similar treatment, again I have no idea why. He's not doing too bad now is he.

When Gray has gone, I wonder who the next player will be to attract all the vitriol of the football experts on this forum. Perhaps we could start a sweep on it.

Even more amazing is that the completely useless Nacho seems to be idolised by most. Baffling

• Like 2

Good luck to DG, shame it didn’t work out but I never wish any player any malice.

He had some promising glimpses and a couple of excellent moments, but it’s best for him to move on. I hope he kicks on and reignites his passion for the game.

All the best Demarai!

13 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I really do not get the hatred for him on here, I really find it quite depressing that one of our players is abused in this way. Of course this follows on from Chilwell who got similar treatment, again I have no idea why. He's not doing too bad now is he.

When Gray has gone, I wonder who the next player will be to attract all the vitriol of the football experts on this forum. Perhaps we could start a sweep on it.

Even more amazing is that the completely useless Nacho seems to be idolised by most. Baffling

Isn’t calling a player useless abuse of a kind as that’s all most are saying about Gray 

36 minutes ago, Koke said:

Gray is crap. But the only defence I have for him is that out of his 168 appearance he has started 75 and came on as a sub in 93. He never got a solid run in the team whereas other players (like Chilwell) was allowed to play crap under Puel under the guide of "he's developing". 93 subs is mental tbh.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/players/?pid=1558

Perhaps Gray was destined to be an average player anyway but I do wonder if Gray was given the same patience and trust as Chilwell was given would he be a better player now? 

Chilwell consistently delivered, played regularly for England and was a regular in the team because he performed - regardless of what some on here say.

Gray was given chance after chance and never strung two decent performances together.

Gray and Chilwell are on two completely different levels in terms of football ability.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1