Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

You'd think that's his agent planting such stories, he wouldn't even make Spurs' bench. 

Wages would be a problem and doubt it would happen but I'd have him at Celtic!

Absolutely. He could do a job for Celtic if he knuckled down - I doubt Spurs are genuinely interested in the slightest.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Nick said:

Tottenham are set to sign Leicester'sEnglish winger Demarai Gray, 24, on a free transfer in January. (Express)

His contract doesn't expire until the end of the season, so it would be madness for us to let him join them for free in January. They either pay a fee in Jan or he leaves to Spurs or a.n.other on a free next summer.

Can't sign a pre-contract with another EPL team in January, has to be with a foreign team. To be fair in the article it does talk about him moving in the summer, but also talks about how they're gonna grab a bargain by signing him in January. The only way I can see him moving in Jan is if we have no intention of him playing for the first team and we want his wages off the books ASAP rather than pay him to sit around for another 5 months.

• Like 1

He doesn’t improve us being in the squad and if he can flourish elsewhere then fair enough. He’s clearly done here by his own admission (social media posts). Happy for him to move personally and forge the best career he can. However if he goes to Spurs I hope he fails miserably, along with them. 

I understand all the arguments...but

I would still like to Keep him, & Play him from the bench....

In reality we still only have Under/Albrighton as out n out WBs.

I still reckon, the club Made a mistakes by, presuming Gray & Slimani,were on their way out..!!

Should of Added both to those 2 Free EL slots,in the last minute...!!

• Like 1

On 31/10/2020 at 09:15, Tom12345 said:

I don’t think we need to buy extra players if Gray cannot even get on the bench. We can hardly play some of the players who could get into most of the bottom EPL teams even when we have injury crisis.  Who would you replace instead in the starting lineup? 

I think we need a balanced team. The only department we need to think about is finding a young striker who we can afford to sit on the bench while Vardy is playing. We still have Nachos whom I think we have yet to lock his full potential and who hardly gets much game time despite playing well when he gets on.

We also need a place or two for our promising academy players like Thomas, KDB, Hirst, etc. Plus Perez can’t even get in these days and remember we had Mendy out of the team for more than a year (while we never really even used Silva nor Slimani). We don’t need more players of his quality getting paid huge wages and not being in the team. We need to decide who we really want and not just buy for the sake of buying. Look within the team and utilise what we have. I think we have a good team! We just need to play with more positivity and have the right team chemistry which I feel BR does struggle still.

I’ve no idea what you just said but I’ll give you a rep point for effort! 10/10

11 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Absolutely. He could do a job for Celtic if he knuckled down - I doubt Spurs are genuinely interested in the slightest.

If Spurs sign him on a free they probably see £10m profit come 2022. Cynical but it could be that simple. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I understand all the arguments...but

I would still like to Keep him, & Play him from the bench....

In reality we still only have Under/Albrighton as out n out WBs.

I still reckon, the club Made a mistakes by, presuming Gray & Slimani,were on their way out..!!

Should of Added both to those 2 Free EL slots,in the last minute...!!

It takes two to tango

i think he probably made it clear he wasn’t going to sign when he disappeared from the First team squad 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

If Spurs sign him on a free they probably see £10m profit come 2022. Cynical but it could be that simple. 

If he goes to Spurs he will spend a lot of time on the bench. No way he can make that team.

29 minutes ago, nnickn said:

Any one who thinks that Spurs will sign Gray, really should not be allowed on a football forum.

Agreed it would be madness and I can't imagine how their fans will react to signing a player whos failed to hold down a place in our starting XI for years, but this one seems to have some truth behind it. It's been around for ages, feels more than just the usual agent planted rumour.

It might sound mad but he could quite easily have been worth that 25m to Bournemouth. I could have seen him doing really well in a team like that. 

Gray, despite not featuring much and admittedly he should be behind in the pecking order, is a player that a lot of teams would not mind to have in their team. I reckon Puel was right to turn him into a striker. Maybe he can stick around a year or so and be our third choice backup striker? We are not exactly well covered in that department with just Vardy and Nachos.

17 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I fully expect Gray to go to Spurs for free and then turn into a combination of prime Messi, prime Ronaldo and Prime Neymar.

Really?

I have some magic beans you might like to buy..

• Haha 1