Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

18 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Dimmy in name, dim in nature.

Possibly on Mastermind but not on a football pitch and this isn't a Mastermind forum.

I would go as far to say he's one of the more 'intelligent' footballers in the squad. Take for instance his cameos in the first lockdown, you had players making ridiculous decisions for 70 minutes, for example aimlessly hitting high crosses into giant defenders with only Vardy in the box and at times no one in the box! Gray would come on and would always know when to cross, keep the ball, switch play or dribble. 

Also I'm not buying this "He never quite done it"  Not every player is going to be bought for £5m and sold for £70m and just because they're not a first team regular doesn't make them a failure. Gray has made it to (or should be) a fringe player in a top 6 team that can actually change a game from the bench. This is an achievement that many aspiring footballers could only dream about. It's only the 0.000001% of players that then go on to become true greats. 

A  blot for BR's copybook is that DG now seems to be out in the cold. He would certainly be a asset with all of these fixtures if we could somehow get him integrated again. 

He's always given his all no matter what his situation (highlighted by that performance the other night for the U23s) but has obviously got the hunger to play regularly and probably realised it's now or never to push himself further., Fair play to him, he's been a true servant and no one should question that. 

So you call him "dim" but a lot of so called 'professional footballers' would learn a lot from how Demari carries himself both on and off the pitch. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Possibly on Mastermind but not on a football pitch and this isn't a Mastermind forum.

I would go as far to say he's one of the more 'intelligent' footballers in the squad. Take for instance his cameos in the first lockdown, you had players making ridiculous decisions for 70 minutes, for example aimlessly hitting high crosses into giant defenders with only Vardy in the box and at times no one in the box! Gray would come on and would always know when to cross, keep the ball, switch play or dribble. 

Also I'm not buying this "He never quite done it"  Not every player is going to be bought for £5m and sold for £70m and just because they're not a first team regular doesn't make them a failure. Gray has made it to (or should be) a fringe player in a top 6 team that can actually change a game from the bench. This is an achievement that many aspiring footballers could only dream about. It's only the 0.000001% of players that then go on to become true greats. 

A  blot for BR's copybook is that DG now seems to be out in the cold. He would certainly be a asset with all of these fixtures if we could somehow get him integrated again. 

He's always given his all no matter what his situation (highlighted by that performance the other night for the U23s) but has obviously got the hunger to play regularly and probably realised it's now or never to push himself further., Fair play to him, he's been a true servant and no one should question that. 

So you call him "dim" but a lot of so called 'professional footballers' would learn a lot from how Demari carries himself both on and off the pitch. 

One of rodgers strengths is his communication with players. He may be arrogant but he talks to players. If it’s been decided Gray isn’t going to feature then it won’t be because brendan hasn’t tried ...

Just now, st albans fox said:

One of rodgers strengths is his communication with players. He may be arrogant but he talks to players. If it’s been decided Gray isn’t going to feature then it won’t be because brendan hasn’t tried ...

...but how has the conversation gone? Gray certainly won't have said "I'm not going to play" so it is Rodger's choice. 

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

...but how has the conversation gone? Gray certainly won't have said "I'm not going to play" so it is Rodger's choice. 

Yes it's Rodgers' choice not to play him because Gray won't sign a contract on the basis of Rodgers' plan. It doesn't have to be a big falling out, just an understanding of what's going on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think your comments are fair. My view is Demarai’s reasons for not holding down a regular first team slot and pushing on as a player are solely down to Demarai. He has enormous ability but quite simply has not realised his potential. If his idiotic social media posts are anything to go by he has very little self awareness of his own shortcomings. When you compare him to someone like Barnes, we can see a player that is not yet the finished article but is working hard all the time to improve (especially finishing please Harvey :).  For Demarai the 10 minute cameos every 6 or 7 appearances do not cut it in a top 8 Premier League side. Unfortunately Gray’s career is over at LCFC. Personally, I would be delighted if he moved to another Premier League club and realised his obvious potential.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Philkeavo said:

I think your comments are fair. My view is Demarai’s reasons for not holding down a regular first team slot and pushing on as a player are solely down to Demarai. He has enormous ability but quite simply has not realised his potential. If his idiotic social media posts are anything to go by he has very little self awareness of his own shortcomings. When you compare him to someone like Barnes, we can see a player that is not yet the finished article but is working hard all the time to improve (especially finishing please Harvey :).  For Demarai the 10 minute cameos every 6 or 7 appearances do not cut it in a top 8 Premier League side. Unfortunately Gray’s career is over at LCFC. Personally, I would be delighted if he moved to another Premier League club and realised his obvious potential.

I don't use social media so was unaware of he's been up to. 

21 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If he can't make our match day squad why would spurs want him? Is a strange one but obviously some truth in it. 

Christian Fuchs, Marc Albrighton, Robert Huth were surplus to requirements at their clubs before coming here.

One man’s trash...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

he actually had a time out of the side before we signed him..

Youri and gray are like apples and oranges. One is younger who has long been touted as a top European prospect, who had a dip in form for a few months. The other has made a dozen good substitute appearances in over 4 years. It's not the same. And regardless of who you compare him to it doesn't make demi any less disappointing. 

When he inevitably goes, I wish him all of the best. He's still young and has, hopefully, many years of top-flight football ahead of him. Just because we were not the club whose structure or needs were an ideal fit doesn't mean that he's necessarily not cut out for significant PL minutes. He's one of those in-between players who may never start 90 minutes on a regular basis but whose level is above the Championship.

• Like 1

He's not good enough to play in the PL week in week out but no doubt someone like Palace will offer him a four year deal and a £5m signing on fee. 

He's a decent impact player against tired sides but doesn't have the footballing brain to start from the off as he makes the wrong decision 9/10. Best of luck to him but hopefully he goes in January or we mutually terminate his contract before then.

• Like 1

I guess he will end up at Spurs and I hope he knuckles down and makes the best of his opportunity. I just hope he doesn't do a Kane and come back to haunt us.

At least Brendan will be able to bring in someone who fits his requirements and hopefully improve the team anther notch. 

On 28/11/2020 at 18:33, Frost said:

He's not good enough to play in the PL week in week out but no doubt someone like Palace will offer him a four year deal and a £5m signing on fee. 

He's a decent impact player against tired sides but doesn't have the footballing brain to start from the off as he makes the wrong decision 9/10. Best of luck to him but hopefully he goes in January or we mutually terminate his contract before then.

Given a run of starts in the prem for someone like Villa, West Ham, Palace etc I’m confident in saying he’d be a decent midtable prem player. Clearly stagnated here and a move now would be best for all parties, especially Demarai. 

14 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Papers seem to think jose is very keen and will sign him 

Jose was also keen to sign Radamel Falcao after United to transform a failed player. Think a part of him likes the challenge of turning someone's career around but as with the above, it doesn't always come off.

Decent player who would still be playing he part in the squad if he signed a contract.

Pretty sure he will go else where and do ok, and have a decent journeyman PL career.

Looking a spurs he would be even further down the pecking order then he is here.

Think they will be seeing him as a way to make a quick buck

If Spurs are indeed interested (which I doubt) and he goes there he's an idiot and only chasing money as he's never going to play regularly there, he'd be lucky to make the bench most weeks. If he's serious about carving out an actual football career and has the hunger to develop he'll go somewhere he's going to play every week.

On 27/11/2020 at 08:09, Tom12345 said:

Gray, despite not featuring much and admittedly he should be behind in the pecking order, is a player that a lot of teams would not mind to have in their team. I reckon Puel was right to turn him into a striker. Maybe he can stick around a year or so and be our third choice backup striker? We are not exactly well covered in that department with just Vardy and Nachos.

Did you watch him play as a striker🤣🤣

I definitely think its best that Gray leaves as he is wasting away here.

He's had more than enough time to prove that he isn't, and never will be, good enough for this level.

That Said, he's not a bad player at the right level. He'd be brilliant in the Championship and atleast a first teamer in some of the Premier Leagues relegation fodder.