Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

I still don’t understand why he’s being blanked out. For me he is part of our best 18 players.

He would give a different option to Under and Barnes in games and certain games he might even be useful as a starter.

The reason he’s being blanked out is because he’s been inconsistent at times, but he was probably our best player in the lockdown games and made an impact in a struggling poor team.

With our team now, if at full strength, Gray could be in our front 3 and potentially make us a better team.

Ive never once seen Gray get a good run in the team when we’ve had a decent team. 15/16, 19/20 he wasn’t given much of a chance, most his appearances were sporadic in Puels time when our squad was pretty average and it’s hard for any winger to be consistent in these circumstances.

I will find it very annoying if we let him go because he could offer us a lot and I’m not suprised one bit that Spurs have been mentioned. One to regret if we let him go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I still don’t understand why he’s being blanked out. For me he is part of our best 18 players.

He would give a different option to Under and Barnes in games and certain games he might even be useful as a starter.

The reason he’s being blanked out is because he’s been inconsistent at times, but he was probably our best player in the lockdown games and made an impact in a struggling poor team.

With our team now, if at full strength, Gray could be in our front 3 and potentially make us a better team.

Ive never once seen Gray get a good run in the team when we’ve had a decent team. 15/16, 19/20 he wasn’t given much of a chance, most his appearances were sporadic in Puels time when our squad was pretty average and it’s hard for any winger to be consistent in these circumstances.

I will find it very annoying if we let him go because he could offer us a lot and I’m not suprised one bit that Spurs have been mentioned. One to regret if we let him go.

Can I attempt to explain? He's been offered terms but his overall role has been laid out for him. He wants to start (quite understandably) and therefore he's chosen to run his contract down, presumably with the blessing of the club. BR is therefore building his team and squad around players he knows are committed to the project beyond this season 

5 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

If Spurs are indeed interested (which I doubt) and he goes there he's an idiot and only chasing money as he's never going to play regularly there, he'd be lucky to make the bench most weeks. If he's serious about carving out an actual football career and has the hunger to develop he'll go somewhere he's going to play every week.

Given the ongoing Jose / Dele soap opera, it is hard to imagine Mourinho as keen to add another talented but underachieving young attacker who is known to turn off in training.

Much easier to imagine Levy as keen to sign Demarai to a £2-3M per year contract, let Mourinho play him in cups and in garbage time, and then sell him for £10-15M after five months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can I attempt to explain? He's been offered terms but his overall role has been laid out for him. He wants to start (quite understandably) and therefore he's chosen to run his contract down, presumably with the blessing of the club. BR is therefore building his team and squad around players he knows are committed to the project beyond this season 

If he only wants to start then maybe it’s best he leaves then. He needs to fight for his place and if he wants to start of bust then that’s not the attitude I want here.

Saying that though, he’s a lot better than people seem to give him credit for and If they have had a disagreement would like to think they could sort it out.
I’d like him to be given a chance because he should be right on the question with Barnes and Under and above Perez for me.

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

If he only wants to start then maybe it’s best he leaves then. He needs to fight for his place and if he wants to start of bust then that’s not the attitude I want here.

Saying that though, he’s a lot better than people seem to give him credit for and If they have had a disagreement would like to think they could sort it out.
I’d like him to be given a chance because he should be right on the question with Barnes and Under and above Perez for me.

I think it's all amicable, everyone is clear from what I've understood. 

37 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Because he wants to leave and run down his contract.

Why should we be playing players who don't want to be here? Much less very, very average ones.

11 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Hope he plays against Sheffield, he's what we need at the moment whose fresh and hasn't had the work load of some of our players so isn't tired. He has the abilty to provide Vardy with great passes.

Strange one this. Remember when he came on against Watford in the first game after lockdown, didn’t have a bad game and thought for a minute he turned a corner. Never really happened for him here, think for both parties it’ll be good if he leaves the club and gets game time somewhere else. 

Best for both parties if he moves on, but for his sake I hope it’s to a Crystal Palace, Newcastle or WBA rather than Spurs. 
If he ever wants to develop into the player we thought we had a few seasons ago, he needs to up somewhere he will play most weeks.

He can be a decent PL player, it just won’t happen for him here.