Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

31 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

In 11 PL games this season (990+ minutes) while he's under contract, he's yet to play a minute. Exactly what "impact" is he being planned for?

He hasn’t played because he doesn’t have a future with us, having refused a new deal on those conditions. This was reported in the press in the summer, so it’s not really news as such. I think the main update here is he is likely to go in January, rather than a free in the summer, but we probably could have guessed that. 

39 minutes ago, Koke said:

Matty James is a crook that nobody is willing to buy. Gray does have some monetary value. Schlupp went for £12m so Gray could easily go for £15m  

Schlupp didn't have 6 months left on his contract. Would be shocked to see him go for anything near 10 million. Would have to be a desperate relegation fight to get that. Otherwise why wouldn't you wait a few months and get him for no transfer fee. 

23 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Even more amazing is that the completely useless Nacho seems to be idolised by most. Baffling

I think Nacho subsitution last night, may well have been a sign his days are numbered.

No reason for it, the team not in desperate  need of a goal, whereas a goal for Nacho would have built his confidence, and he won't start weekend.

• Sad 1

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Sent Everton's Tom Davies back to his GCSEs in Puel's first game in charge. Unfortunately his time here is epitomised by fleeting false starts more than anything else.

That 2nd sentence really sums him up. He ranged from electric to almost a bystander. Sad he never kicked on here, we saw glimpses of talent, but ultimately that never developed further.

I wish him the best and maybe a team he can walk into and get game time will help him kick on, the lad does have good technical ability. Completely failed to produce any consistency, that goal against Cardiff though :appl: 

Dimi’s problem is himself, he thinks he better than what he is.

Shame. He has some strike on him when he's in the mood. He's unfortunate not to have had a proper run of games, but it's now Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel and Rodgers who have kept him on the periphery.

For me, it's his lack of intensity that's cost him. He seems quite ponderous in possession. He's quite quick but when he has the ball it always seems like he needs a fraction longer to make up his mind. I don't know if I'm misremembering but it seems like that to me. There was a period when he was getting games as well, but his forward passes were always behind the runner which slowed down the play and allowed defences that extra moment to set themselves.

I like him, he's definitely talented but he needs a place where he can thrive, play every game, and learn his craft by getting a ton of minutes under his belt. If he doesn't get a move in Jan nor makes any of our revised PL and EL squads, then I'd cancel his contract and let him go in Feb for nothing. There'd be no point keeping him on then. Let him get his career underway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That 2nd sentence really sums him up. He ranged from electric to almost a bystander. Sad he never kicked on here, we saw glimpses of talent, but ultimately that never developed further.

....I  really believe he needs to go to a club where he is number one!!!

Going to Celtic or Rangers would make him kind of a big fish in a small pond, and playing upfront.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

....I  really believe he needs to go to a club where he is number one!!!

Going to Celtic or Rangers would make him kind of a big fish in a small pond, and playing upfront.

Who gives a feck about Demarai? He is not a victim at all. He's had ample chances to develop and apply himself. Sadly for all the raw elements, he has not been willing or able to pull them together, on anything like a consistent basis. My view is Dimi has seen football as owing him a living for sometime. There is no ownership on his part. Easy come, easy go!! I used to moan and think 'what a waste of a talent'. Now I think - 'what a waste of time'. Ta Ra!!!

The lad is 24 with over 200 games under his belt, experienced champions league games, England at multiple levels and played under 6 or 7 different managers and yet we’ve seen no real improvement in his game.

He is quick and skilful, but repeatedly makes the wrong decision in the final third. 
There were rumours of going to Spurs earlier in the season, but I feel this will be the final nail in the coffin on his career. He won’t play for them any more than he does for us.

When Mahrez left, it should have been his time to step up and grab the opportunity with both hands, put in the extra effort and take the next step in his career. He couldn’t do this regularly and now needs to move on. 
I feel the next move is crucial for his career, and he needs to chose wisely a team like WBA or Leeds might be best, who play to his strengths and he could improve their starting team. A move to a top 6 team or a team which is more defensive could be a disaster. 
I wish him well and have resigned myself to the fact he will score against us at some point in the future, but for all parties this is the best move.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Angus Scott said:

I really do not get the hatred for him on here, I really find it quite depressing that one of our players is abused in this way. Of course this follows on from Chilwell who got similar treatment, again I have no idea why. He's not doing too bad now is he.

When Gray has gone, I wonder who the next player will be to attract all the vitriol of the football experts on this forum. Perhaps we could start a sweep on it.

Even more amazing is that the completely useless Nacho seems to be idolised by most. Baffling

Absolute hypocrisy 

Quite simply 80% of his time here has just been a waste. There was a brief period around 2017 where I thought he was going to be a good player for us, that debut under Puel against Everton you thought maybe this combination is the one to get the most out of him - but once it never really clicked for him under Puel that's where I thought we'd be well advised to probably sell him as that was the third manager in under a year who'd gotten little from him.

Totally flattered to deceive near enough all the way through.

This Tottenham story isn't going away. Makes me think there's a decent chance it actually happens.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Gray is crap. But the only defence I have for him is that out of his 168 appearance he has started 75 and came on as a sub in 93. He never got a solid run in the team whereas other players (like Chilwell) was allowed to play crap under Puel under the guide of "he's developing". 93 subs is mental tbh.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/players/?pid=1558

Perhaps Gray was destined to be an average player anyway but I do wonder if Gray was given the same patience and trust as Chilwell was given would he be a better player now? 

Yeah, perhaps there is something we do not see that the manager does in training, but Chilwell was allowed to play consistently crap for some time, ahead of a prime Fuchs. (That was why Chilwell got some backlash from the fans but it was or should actually more directed at the manager). Gray, according to Fuchs, is out of this world in training. There is something in Gray. Unfortunately it is not to be at Leicester.

He’s won a few U21 caps and was picked in an England squad in his early 20s so he’s got some admirers . I wonder if we’ve got the best out of him. 

I think he will do well if he gets game time but I’m not sure he will at Spurs . 

Id be happy for them to put a load of money in his pocket though . 

8 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

I really do not get the hatred for him on here, I really find it quite depressing that one of our players is abused in this way. Of course this follows on from Chilwell who got similar treatment, again I have no idea why. He's not doing too bad now is he.

When Gray has gone, I wonder who the next player will be to attract all the vitriol of the football experts on this forum. Perhaps we could start a sweep on it.

I don’t get the impression anyone hates him. That would be childish. It’s simply the case that from what we have seen over several years he is not quite good enough for us.

• Like 1

Can't really work out why Gray didn't work out for us. He's got the talent and especially early on he showed it, the goal vs Derby in the cup was sublime. But I feel he believed his own hype a bit too much and at times would try and take 3 or 4 players on when there was a simple pass 5 yards away which ultimately would lead to a loss of possession. There is a player in there, needs a strong manager to make his game more disciplined. 

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This Tottenham story isn't going away. Makes me think there's a decent chance it actually happens.

I'm struggling to think of a player less likely to fit the Mourinho mould than Demarai, so would be surprised if it happens.

Also I would wish him all the best in his future career at any club other than Spurs.