Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

12 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Well I want one more.

Let's be real Under and Barnes are our two best wingers.

Albrighton is also good but Perez I feel is more of a striker.

So let's get rid of Gray and bring one more lad in maybe.

id like us to sell Perez too. we won’t get much from selling grey and if we sell both we’d have the money to get someone decent in. we need someone who can cover vardys role aswell as covering the wing 

• Like 2

DG will be the subject of Black History month on the BBC in 50 years time on how a young PL winner let money and social media ruin an already virtually nonexistent ability. 
His story will be a warning to all that because you get paid thousands of pounds a week and you have a PL winners medal, it shouldn’t be taken for granted and no longer try to get better at what you have chosen as a career.

On 25/09/2020 at 02:44, Tom12345 said:

Given we are light in the striker department, but that we still have Vardy and Nachos, I think we can use Gray as a backup striker. He is good with his feet and is pretty single visioned at times (which is part of his problem as a midfielder), so maybe playing upfront and simply aim for goal is not a bad idea. This is what Puel suggested - now while this man may not be the best man manager, he has turned out to have proven himself with signings / player promotion. He might be right with this one.

Um...

No.

1 hour ago, Ceirboy said:

DG will be the subject of Black History month on the BBC in 50 years time on how a young PL winner let money and social media ruin an already virtually nonexistent ability. 
His story will be a warning to all that because you get paid thousands of pounds a week and you have a PL winners medal, it shouldn’t be taken for granted and no longer try to get better at what you have chosen as a career.

What’s that got to do with Black History Month?!? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Can Leicester get rid in January and sign at least 1 of the 2 extra players Rodgers wanted. I think Thauvin and Edouard are the two last pieces of the puzzle 

I don’t think we need to buy extra players if Gray cannot even get on the bench. We can hardly play some of the players who could get into most of the bottom EPL teams even when we have injury crisis.  Who would you replace instead in the starting lineup? 

I think we need a balanced team. The only department we need to think about is finding a young striker who we can afford to sit on the bench while Vardy is playing. We still have Nachos whom I think we have yet to lock his full potential and who hardly gets much game time despite playing well when he gets on.

We also need a place or two for our promising academy players like Thomas, KDB, Hirst, etc. Plus Perez can’t even get in these days and remember we had Mendy out of the team for more than a year (while we never really even used Silva nor Slimani). We don’t need more players of his quality getting paid huge wages and not being in the team. We need to decide who we really want and not just buy for the sake of buying. Look within the team and utilise what we have. I think we have a good team! We just need to play with more positivity and have the right team chemistry which I feel BR does struggle still.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Add slimani out with them two coming in would be good

As both Gray and Slimani are out of the team now, will the two new players sit on the bench? If they are to get into the first team, whose places would they take over?  We cannot have too many new players at once especially when we can hardly fit good players into the starting 11 - bad for team spirit. We are not Man U.

Edited by Tom12345

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Is Gray our only outfield player yet to get on the pitch this season?

Gray played in the league cup game against Arsenal. But it’s telling he did not travel to Athens and was not on the bench despite having 4 sub bench slots free. Riccy P even travelled despite not being able to play. 

I can still see Gray getting some games though because the fixture list is relentless and we’ve already got so many players out. I don’t think we’ll have any choice other than to use him come January time. Probably in the FA Cup.

If even Islam Slimani can get league game time on the pitch before Gray, then you can safely say that he is finished here. And the time that Demarai did get his chance against Arsenal in the League Cup, he was completely ineffective. May get some minutes later on as the fixture congestion intensifies, but the fact he has played in the league yet, even as a substitute, speaks volumes.

Time to sat au revoir and let him leave at the end of the season, may go to a bottom half PL club or, more likely, the Championship.

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Gray played in the league cup game against Arsenal. But it’s telling he did not travel to Athens and was not on the bench despite having 4 sub bench slots free. Riccy P even travelled despite not being able to play. 

I can still see Gray getting some games though because the fixture list is relentless and we’ve already got so many players out. I don’t think we’ll have any choice other than to use him come January time. Probably in the FA Cup.

He'e not in that squad is he?

• Like 2

Folks saying “get rid” and buy somebody else --

Effectively we are already rid of Gray.  We just didn’t get any money for him.  In January, we could get a small fee for the last few months of his contract.

Shame all round for all parties that he's sat here doing nothing but seeing the last year of his contract out.

25 in June and half way through his career and had a start/stop career here.

I think we'd let him go on a free in January if he can find a club.

• 4 weeks later...