Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

18 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I fully expect Gray to go to Spurs for free and then turn into a combination of prime Messi, prime Ronaldo and Prime Neymar.

Well, if his inconsistency with us is any guide, it’s more likely he’ll evolve into Prime Mark. 

9 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

If Spurs sign him on a free they probably see £10m profit come 2022. Cynical but it could be that simple. 

Not cynical at all, bringing in multi million pound asset for nothing, Spurs are in need of cash so I could absolutely see them bringing him in and then selling him for a decent price the season after 23 appearances, 2 goals in the cup and an assist lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I understand all the arguments...but

I would still like to Keep him, & Play him from the bench....

In reality we still only have Under/Albrighton as out n out WBs.

I still reckon, the club Made a mistakes by, presuming Gray & Slimani,were on their way out..!!

Should of Added both to those 2 Free EL slots,in the last minute...!!

He was offered a new contract on this basis though and turned it down so it's not an option is it

Does anyone actually know the true reason that Brendan treats him like a leper?  

I remember there was a period last season when he was brought on as a 'impact'  substitute & he played very well.

I think it's pretty obvious that on a personal level they won't be sending each other Christmas cards? 

Just now, bluebeau said:

I remember there was a period last season when he was brought on as a 'impact'  substitute & he played very well.

I think it's pretty obvious that on a personal level they won't be sending each other Christmas cards? 

Not many of us on here work behind the scenes and can tell you what manager X really thinks of player Y. It could be anything from the fact he's not signed a new contract (if we even offered him one), the manager doesn't rate him over others or even trust him on the pitch(after Villa away in the Semi-final last year where a fresh legged Dimmy didn't press an attacker in the last minute which directly lead to a goal), or they've had a massive fall out behind the scenes . . . Dimmy didn't appreciate the Brodge playing his ABBA top hits in the training ground lounge and they had an arguement over it. Who knows really?

1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

He was offered a new contract on this basis though and turned it down so it's not an option is it

I just said, what I would like to do....!!

So long as he is in Contract & City are paying the pennies...

Ne is  still part of our Set up & he hasn t been cast out from club/squad training..

10 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If he can't make our match day squad why would spurs want him? Is a strange one but obviously some truth in it. 

I imagine because they need another English player to meet their quota for European games. No way is he getting anywhere near their first team.

Just now, Walkers said:

He's at a stage where he needs to play games, can understand if he'd want to join Spurs but at the same time his game time will be no better than it has ever been here?

Spurs would be a no brainer for him. Decent pay packet and if it doesn't work out, some mid table prem club would have him in a few years.

9 hours ago, bluebeau said:

Only Brendan....

Around the time you mention,  Brendan spoke of Gray's development and things he needed to focus and improve on. Maybe he feels that that just hasn't happened or not consistently enough. 

9 hours ago, bluebeau said:

I doubt it's personal. More financial, grays contract is up in June. I reckon the club said to him either sign a new one accepting your gonna be a squad player or find a club interested in buying you.

Gray did neither and is hoping for a big pay day once his contract has run down so the club have basically said screw you then no first team action. It's Guesswork obviously but that's my interpretation of the situation. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I doubt it's personal. More financial, grays contract is up in June. I reckon the club said to him either sign a new one accepting your gonna be a squad player or find a club interested in buying you.

Gray did neither and is hoping for a big pay day once his contract has run down so the club have basically said screw you then no first team action. It's Guesswork obviously but that's my interpretation of the situation. 

.....most people would agree with your assessment!!!

Watching the U23s this week and watching his body language he still seems like a kid on the pitch. Doesn't seem to pick anyone up and gets in position without the ball and is ineffective defensively.

I would love to know what position he started out playing when he was about 10 years old. He looks effective and not so much out of his depth when playing upfront and can finish, it is so frustrating so see such a waste of potential, so many crisis situation where an introspective look was needed.

Gray going out on a free is bad business as he is still a talent who can get in most first teams in EPL and one we can sell for more than £10m, but I guess the club wanted to give him a chance. He showed flashes of talent especially as an impact sub last season and he also scored that goal for the Boss at Cardiff. He is a player I wish he can come really good and is disappointed he is going out on a free it seems. I feel his best position maybe that as a forward. He dances around a bit much but no more than Madders at times so not sure why he is not given the same chance as Madders. Something is missing with him, but so do Barnes and Madders but Gray was never given an extended run. Maybe it is something that BR has decided he cannot step up on.

Edited by Tom12345

15 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If he can't make our match day squad why would spurs want him? Is a strange one but obviously some truth in it. 

Tielemans wasn’t playing for Monaco.. Kasper wasn’t wanted at Leeds...

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Gray going out on a free is bad business as he is still a talent who can get in most first teams in EPL and one we can sell for more than £10m, but I guess the club wanted to give him a chance. He showed flashes of talent especially as an impact sub last season and he also scored that goal for the Boss at Cardiff. He is a player I wish he can come really good and is disappointed he is going out on a free it seems. I feel his best position maybe that as a forward. He dances around a bit much but no more than Madders at times so not sure why he is not given the same chance as Madders. Something is missing with him, but so do Barnes and Madders but Gray was never given an extended run. Maybe it is something that BR has decided he cannot step up on.

Madders is on a completely different level to Gray in every aspect of his game.

• Like 2