Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

9 hours ago, brucey said:

.... We offered him a new contract? Why? 

I suppose the club might be trying their luck because if he signs we can still sell him and get a fee. I doubt it's because they want him to stay. 

Just as players sign contracts when things are going well and you know full well they won't be here for the full duration of the deal.

Part of his absence from match squads is his refusal to sign a contract then.

He is skillful and pace at his best.  He does make the wrong decisions.

My fear would be him doing really well for someone else.  But I wouldn't put him in our first team.   

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Chilwell consistently delivered, played regularly for England and was a regular in the team because he performed - regardless of what some on here say.

Gray was given chance after chance and never strung two decent performances together.

Gray and Chilwell are on two completely different levels in terms of football ability.

Chilwell became that because Puel stuck with him through thick and thin, despite having some howlers along the way. I'm not saying Gray would have had the same upward trajectory as Chilwell but I just wonder how much better he would have been as a player if he started 10-15 games in a row. Or perhaps if he had gone out on loan. 

As I said earlier, Gray is poor but it didn't help his development that he's had 93 sub appearances in 168 games. 

Cardiff away

Everton home

Man Utd away, put it in the top corner 

Brighton away, he had an assist 

+ he had a couple of good displays against lower league opposition in the Cup (Leeds, Sheffield United etc). 

Yeah not many memorable games. At the time it was a punt worth taking for a couple of £ millions. 

Edited by Koke

He was worth the punt, but it's not worked out for him. If I was him I'd be looking at going to a Newcastle, Leeds, Brighton etc. or even France or Germany instead of going to Tottenham, if he's serious about getting his career on track. I do think he's got talent but it's been clear for a couple of years that it wasn't going to happen for him here. 

• Like 1

He’s on his way out of the club. It’s a shame as I think he’s very very talented. Just couldn’t seem to show it on a consistent enough level. I like him and his style of play. Rodgers doesn’t rate him. He doesn’t want to sign a new contract, so he’s off. He’ll probably do well else where in the prem. probably come back to haunt us

On 11/12/2020 at 22:52, brucey said:

.... We offered him a new contract? Why? 

I can't see the club wanting to let a 24 year old English winger go for nothing.

We'd be able to get something back for him, maybe even a profit considering we only paid about £4m for him.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I can't see the club wanting to let a 24 year old English winger go for nothing.

We'd be able to get something back for him, maybe even a profit considering we only paid about £4m for him.

Efforts were made at this during the close season to be fair. DG and his agent know what they're doing.