Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yes I agree with you, see my post just above yours!

I think Soyuncu is actually a better passer at short distances than Maguire, who did sometimes give away some bad ones (see against Crystal Palace last week). But Maguire did go for more raking passes, or Riyad Mahrez impressions from time-to-time! But I don't always think that was to the benefit of the team. It looked in Puel's system as we had two defensive midfielders playing the pivot, now that we only play one, Soyuncu is doing the right thing.

I defer to your points about Maguire as you've seen him play more than I have. Enjoying Soyuncu's confidence and expertise. Long may it continue.

36 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

If anything I would say Soyuncu is more flamboyant. Cruyff turns all over the shop!! lol 

There was one turn when he did it that I even thought was a bit too much. Now that's confidence:scarf:Go Cags..Let them put that in their pipe and smoke it!

Edited by SO1

only positives about the guy and shows what a fantastic job the club did in scouting him. Nice he has been given a few games and the Fans are behind him. He will only improve with Evans and Wes schooling him and Benko pushing for a game. Seems to have settled in fully now. Expect him to be linked with a move now

Great performance today - I really like this guy....

Saw him pre-season at Cambridge and he looked dodgy - seems to have improved greatly since then....

....but anyone else think he could have thrown himself at the Bournemouth goal and got it away? Can't help thinking he was too afraid of clattering himself on the post.