Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Sheff Utd (A) Post Match Thread - 1 - 2

Didn't feel  like we deserved 3 pts today. Daylight robbery. A draw would've been a fair result.

The blades didn't offer much  more than a cross to  a big guy upfront, but it managed to  undo us once.

Hamza was absolutely outstanding.

Barnes strike was outstanding.

Vardy had a very good game, intelligent runs and a great goal.

Perez anonymous again.

Everybody else solid if unspectacular.

I'm sure the stats will say otherwise, especially as the cross for their goal came from our left,  but we look much  more solid with Fuchs at LB than Chilwell.

1 minute ago, Swiss_tony said:

Didn't feel  like we deserved 3 pts today. Daylight robbery. A draw would've been a fair result.

The blades didn't offer much  more than a cross to  a big guy upfront, but it managed to  undo us once.

Perez anonymous again.

I'm sure the stats will say otherwise, especially as the cross for their goal came from our left,  but we look much  more solid with Fuchs at LB than Chilwell.

Weird that their manager says the opposite with regards to us deserving the win.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

That is a beautiful photo. I can't stop zooming in to have another look at the faces. I remember Happy Blade warning us they'd give Vardy grief. Yes, yes poor delicate little soul Jaime Vardy will hate, hate hearing people jeering him and in no way will that motivate him massively. If we could bait opposition fans to give Vardy more grief I reckon it'd be worth about 10 more goals a season.

Look at the one with the stick lol 

12 minutes ago, Swiss_tony said:

Perez anonymous again.

Can it be daylight robbery if a draw was a fair result?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

That is a beautiful photo. I can't stop zooming in to have another look at the faces. I remember Happy Blade warning us they'd give Vardy grief. Yes, yes poor delicate little soul Jaime Vardy will hate, hate hearing people jeering him and in no way will that motivate him massively. If we could bait opposition fans to give Vardy more grief I reckon it'd be worth about 10 more goals a season.

The club should just hire a couple hundred randomers to sit among the opposition fans and scream abuse at Vardy all game. Reckon it’d more than pay for itself in goals.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

F**k me.. Zoom in on that crowd of ugly f**kers.. They've all fell out of the ugly tree and hit every available branch on the way down! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

F**k me.. Zoom in on that crowd of ugly f**kers.. They've all fell out of the ugly tree and hit every available branch on the way down! 

Were you in the away end today? Some of our fans could quite easily rival them in that department. 

Not trawling through 10 and a bit pages.

How did we play? Who stood out? 

Seen Barnes' goal. Absolute rocket. Assist, albeit unintentional, for Soyuncu! 

Glad to get first 3 points on the board. Guessed 2-1 as well with Vardy scoring in the match thread. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Glad to get first 3 points on the board. Guessed 2-1 as well with Vardy scoring in the match thread. 

Scrappy game, they gave the ball away cheaply and lacked quality in the final third, and our half in general. Showed little in the box threat until bringing on McBurnie. 

Hamza was everywhere and then some. Fuchs was solid, as was Soyuncu. Maddison's assist was beautiful and he had a good game. Kasper was a wall at times. 

Overall impressive game, we made chances but we're sloppy at times. Praet was slow on the loss of possession and YT caught a few times. Perez was better, but still lacking that bit of quality. 

edit: oh and Vardy and was Vardy. Quality finish with his left foot and Celebrating in front of the home fans 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Hamza was everywhere and then some. Fuchs was solid, as was Soyuncu. Maddison's assist was beautiful and he had a good game. Kasper was a wall at times. 

No surprise with Hamza. A real workhorse in defensive midfield and just the kind of player we need for our style of play. Especially when it's covering for Ricardo when he goes up on his marauding runs down the wing. 

Glad to hear Fuchs is doing well. He probably didn't expect to play these last 2 games in all honesty but he's kept fit, come in and done a professional job at LB. Two assists in as many games for Maddison now. Just really hope he continues to add goals to his game. Did he have any chances today? 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No surprise with Hamza. A real workhorse in defensive midfield and just the kind of player we need for our style of play. Especially when it's covering for Ricardo when he goes up on his marauding runs down the wing. 

Glad to hear Fuchs is doing well. He probably didn't expect to play these last 2 games in all honesty but he's kept fit, come in and done a professional job at LB. Two assists in as many games for Maddison now. Just really hope he continues to add goals to his game. Did he have any chances today? 

He won some great challenges and was a great shield for us all game.  

You wouldnt think he'd barely played a game, was solid and his cross led to the winner. 

Maybe a couple? A free kick but can't remember exactly. He was a bright spark and put in a good shift for us. 

We did very well to nullify their main attacking threat which is the overlapping centre backs, Maddison and Perez being players that come inside and narrow the attack caused that

They ended up having to create 99% of their attacks from crosses from the wing backs, which is why bringing on Morgan after they had scored was a very good idea, it was obvious the balls into the box was going to continue as they saw it as their only way to get a chance on goal, so we needed that extra man in the defence to help clear the ball out which Morgan did as needed.

Every team will always have gritty games likes today, we ended the game against Chelsea just like Sheff Utd did with us today, hammering the goal and constant attacks but not getting the pay off of a goal, and we took our chance today when we got it thanks to a belter from Barnes

• Like 3

Great game for Maddison, Hamza and Barnes to have brilliant performances. Southgate watching, surely has to take note of all 3.

On another note, Ian Wright just pointed out something about Sheff Uniteds set up. The outer centre backs and wing backs push on and leave huge space for a striker with pace, e.g. Vardy, to get into and utilise. 

To leave that open all game was hugely naive and something they need to address against certain teams. One could suggest a lack of awareness of our strengths that they left something like that?

1 hour ago, Swiss_tony said:

Perez anonymous again.

If a draw is a fair result it can't be daylight robery if either of the sides nick it by a goal.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Scrappy game, a good solid away performance against a team who are going to be fighters. We did the job.

Hamza on another level to everyone else on the pitch - a Kanye esq display.

3 points in the bag!