Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Sheff Utd (A) Post Match Thread - 1 - 2

59 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I thought Morgan did exactly what he was sent on to do, and props to him.  But it’s possible to praise his performance and not the fact that it was necessary. Just as it’s possible to be happy about the result and respectful of the opposition and still be concerned about the overall performance. 

If if we need to play a back five and park the bus against Sheffield United, what’s it going to look like if we need to see out a game against somebody in the top half of the league?  I think the mention of Benkovic here is a good one - throwing on Morgan isn’t a practical option every time you have the lead, and maybe Benkovic can add a physicality that’s needed back there.  I like Soyuncu and Evans, but we were getting bossed pretty badly in the end.

We also need to be able to maintain a little possession and take the pressure of the back line in that situation, and going to a back five makes that a lot harder to do.  A nice win to be sure, but there’s work to be done.

Without Ndidi today there was a noticeable vulnerability at defending a bombardment of crosses. I can see why Morgan was brought on given we'd already lost the lead once due to a goal from a cross. Sometimes it has to be done.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deucalion said:

Regardess of the size of Soyuncu's trouser snake, we missed McGuire today.

There was one exceptional interception late in the first half from Cags where Sheff Utd had men steaming forward on the overlap and rather than make the obvious movement he seemed to call their bluff and the split second allowed him to then win the ball. Another strong performance from him and an assist for Barnes rocket 😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Massive difference today was he played his position. He’s not someone who’s game is between midfield and attack in front of Ndidi. It’s Ndidi or Choudhury for me.

Quick on the draw,Let the system & squad develope first......

Choudry had a Top game,but he wasnt a Ndidi clone....We dont know what individual or pairings,will take us that step further.

Why Count out the various possibilities....

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Thank you for all that got me a stream.

I didn't see there goal, what was it like

Spent 65 minutes trying to get a stream and gave up. I'll get back with you in three or four hours and let you know. USA! USA! USA! Fastest broadband in the world.

Maybe its time to move to Vietnam and their higher speeds. :frusty:

WOL (H) 

CHE (A)

SHU (A)

5 points is a very decent return from that start.

Sheffield United will frustrate a lot of sides at home this season, Wolves are a very decent side and any points at Stamford Bridge are good points. 

I expect we'll see better performances to accompany the points when we have a better run of fixtures so I'll reserve my judgement on the formation for now.

2 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Does anyone know when Chilwell is going to be back last I heard he had an injection before the Chelsea game did anything  get mentioned today. 

Rodgers said on Thursday he'd be back for next week, but not sure he should come back in for Fuchs, whose been brilliant so far