Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Sheff Utd (A) Post Match Thread - 1 - 2

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And remember not to go out in your Leicester shirt. Wouldn't want you to feel embarrassed when people point and laugh at you.

Really powerful argument there.  Very well-reasoned.

2 minutes ago, manders86 said:

A 2-1 victory away in the premier league = not embarrassing.

A bunch of tools in the match thread expecting us to thrash all teams and calling every performance embarrassing = embarrassing 

or maybe expecting a shot on target within 35 mins against a newly promoted team

to put this into perspective. man utd smashed chelsea on the opening weekend. sheffield utd have beaten crystal palace last weekend and we beat sheffield this weekend with palace beating man utd aswell so we are better than man utd so far which isnt Much but ill take it. good call maguire! we will be fine this season! 👍

Substitute Harvey Barnes' majestic strike helped Leicester City inflict a first Premier League defeat of the season on Sheffield United in a pulsating affair at Bramall Lane.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49378900

Pulsating affair... yeah, in your dreams...! lol

First half was almost utterly forgettable, bar that one strike of genius from Maddison and Vardy. Shout out to Perez, as well. He was mostly ineffective once again, but at least started it all with the goal. 

In general, not a fan of this system by Rodgers as it is. We can barely string two passes together going forward, hardly create chances and look mostly slow and uninspired.

Sheffield United gave the ball away so many times, but did we ever attack or get near their box before the opener? First time I saw us in the final third was around the 35th minute or so!

No shots on goal for most part of the game...

Can't complain about that win, though. But we had to endure very nervy last ten, fifteen minutes. Almost played into their hands, and I was disappointed to see us allowing them so much space and time on the ball. One of these crosses would've ultimately gone in, played with fire towards the end.

Happy for the unbeaten run to continue, happy for Vardy to score for the first time in four matches, happy for Barnes.

Perez not made for this system. Either play him behind Vardy or next to him, and not on the wing. Maddison is also no winger.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Totally misrepresenting arguments and brooking no criticism as long as the result is acceptable = embarrassing.

Get a grip mate you’re the sort of person that’s making a lot of us avoid the match and post match thread. Are you a troll or really think we are an embarrassing premier league team?

Headed over for the game. 

We were a bit lucky to win that. Just had a bit more up front. 

Ricardo was absolutely sensational. 

Delighted to get the win. Was a year ago we won a similar game against Southampton. 

A lot to work on but 5 points from 9 is fine by me.

Guest An Sionnach
10 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Not a good performance really but obviously a good win.

I don't get the system from Rodgers though. Just seems to shackle our attacking play, lacking and pace or width.

Hamza motm for me. Especially late on he was everywhere and got a toe to intercept many of their attacks. 

Perez doesn't seem to fit in at all out wide. 

Happy with the win and hope we can beat Bournemouth for a good solid start

Three at the back with Benkovic in the middle , Pereira and Chilwell as wing backs , one cdm (take your pick) , solves the width problem and gives height at the back , Madison , Praet and Tielmans , Barnes to come on and make an impact, Perez substitute striker if needed.

Just glad we got the three points, we were too narrow and needed more width which showed when Harvey Barnes came on and scored a cracking goal. Perez and Tielemans need to show a hell of a lot more than they are doing at the moment. Thought Hamza had another good game and will hopefully keep improving.

Didn't see the game, but this is why i told you guys that Tielemans wasn't the finished article, and why he would sign for Leicester and not for ManU or ManC. He isn't as consistent as, say, De Bruyne. But the talent/potential is there. He'll shine through.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lizhang said:

Didn't see the game, but this is why i told you guys that Tielemans wasn't the finished article, and why he would sign for Leicester and not for ManU or ManC. He isn't as consistent as, say, De Bruyne. But the talent/potential is there. He'll shine through.

The current system isn't helping him, hopefully Rodgers will finally settle on the 4-3-3 that made him shine so much last season.

• Like 1

I've no problem with Rodgers managing the game, but Morgan on for a midfielder made us collapse into their pressure. All the people saying he nullified McBurnie - he did, barely, but we wouldn't have had to worry about him nearly as much if we hadn't taken off a midfielder for a defender. If he'd taken off Perez or Praet for Mendy at that point instead, we would have been a lot more comfortable in my opinion. 

• Like 1